8/25 Games

BamaDoc

Eder finally gets a W. He goes 5IP, 2ER, 5H, 2BB, 6K. The second run was a 90mph 344ft solo shot that one imagines is a fly out in more MLB parks than not.

Got at least a couple whiffs on all 4 pitches, and was spinning the curveball especially well today.

He was never under much stress outside of some traffic in the first, and the bats made it easy the rest of the way for an 8-3 final.

• Ramos 3-5 with his 2 HRs. Probably time for a call up.
  • Colson 2-4 with a 2B and HR.
  • Deloach 1-4 with a 2B and BB.
  • Elko 1-5 with a 2B and 3K.
  • Colas 1-3 with a BB.

Would also like to see some Charlotte pen arms called up.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WestEddy said:

I'd flip him with Vargas, give Vargas a week or so to calm down and get whatever he had, back. 

Vargas was slumping with the Dodgers too. Getz traded for the equivalent of Sosa/Colas. What a disaster. I would bring up Ramos and make Vargas earn his next call up next year. Maybe he can make adjustments over the winter. If you can’t hit a 4-seamer, you cannot play in mlb.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Vargas was slumping with the Dodgers too. Getz traded for the equivalent of Sosa/Colas. What a disaster. I would bring up Ramos and make Vargas earn his next call up next year. Maybe he can make adjustments over the winter. If you can’t hit a 4-seamer, you cannot play in mlb.

He should have learned watching Viciedo and Beckham struggle with high fast balls for years.

On 8/26/2024 at 3:17 AM, Timmy U said:

We must have some of the worst scouts in MLB because most of this forum saw one game of his and knew he was s%*#. I mean I took one look at his statcast and confirmed it in his first AB as well. He's a slap hitter with some speed that has no defensive position. What are we doing here? He's a utility guy at best.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

We must have some of the worst scouts in MLB because most of this forum saw one game of his and knew he was s%*#. I mean I took one look at his statcast and confirmed it in his first AB as well. He's a slap hitter with some speed that has no defensive position. What are we doing here? He's a utility guy at best.

Well apparently we are paying scouts not to work, and using our coaches to do that job right now.

• Paper Bag 1

2 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

It reminds me so much of the Jacob Gonzalez pick.  See the guy play for a week and you see they are lacking in necessary ability.

• Like 1