8/25 Tigers vs Sox, The Quest for #100

Getting swept by Detroit at this stage of the season, with a new manager in tow the last couple weeks, shows how bad this roster is. Detroit is not a good team. Wowsie the Sox are a disgrace. That lineup today ... worse one ever trotted out by a modern big league team?? No hyperbole. Truth baby.

Edited by greg775
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Getting swept by Detroit at this stage of the season, with a new manager in tow the last couple weeks, shows how bad this roster is. Detroit is not a good team. Wowsie the Sox are a disgrace. That lineup today ... worse one ever trotted out by a modern big league team?? No hyperbole. Truth baby.

The truth hurts. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

getting swept by detroit doesn't even register as a bottom imo. it's just a death march towards the post WW2 loss record at this point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Tomtom said:

Why are we messing around with guys like De Los Santos when we can bring up young pitchers to see how they fare!

Not ready yet/years of control/will get hit around so much their confidence will get dinged like Nastrini Bush Cannon (recently) Berroa Leasure etc.  Defense not supporting, either. 

Makes GM who acquired callups look like he's in over his head with decision making and judging big league readiness/competitiveness.

Still better to watch youngsters than retreads from fan perspective.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Recipe for 120+ losses which includes last in the league in BA, RS, OPS, HRS, ERA and second to last in Fielding pct. Except for a few guys, this is a minor league team.

Not a single player in the lineup today would play for a contending team.  Not one.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

Over last 30 Games

Benintendi .233, .773 OPS

Vaughn .281, .796 OPS

Sheets .275, .655 OPS

Sosa .185, .436 OPS

Vargas .098, .375 OPS

Robert .211, .561 OPS

Lee .216, .597 OPS

Now do Chuckie Robinson.

Why did Sizemore take this job, the perfect scenario would have been for Grifol to finish the season as he deserves being the manager of the worst baseball team in the history of the universe along with the horrible cast of players with their unbelievably bad performances paying the penalty to be managed by that that clown.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

Congrats everybody here who are still Sox fans and the 5000 or so who attended the game today (real attendance). 100 losses before September! My gawd. Sox are on their own plane.

p.s. It was free mlb TV game and I watched the last 3 innings. I have been unfair to the announcer Schiffren. He was fine. He did bring up the 100 losses twice and he did speak in a non announcer voice and he did set up Stoney with good questions. I am willing to give him a chance even though I was initially irate at his growl for Robert and stand up southside. He's just looking for a catch phrase. It has to be the worst task in sports to broadcast games of a team this lousy and not get fired by the GM or owner for being negative. I think we all should give him a chance. He did not sound like a dope or total homer in the 3 innings. Go Schiff! You deserve a chance.

Edited by greg775

100 losses that's a hell of a birthday present! (Sarcasm implied)

Four errors (remember this team was supposed to be better defensively!)

First time the franchise has ever has consecutive seasons with 100 or more losses.

They have a great chance to "three peat" next year too!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Congrats everybody here who are still Sox fans and the 5000 or so who attended the game today (real attendance). 100 losses before September! My gawd. Sox are on their own plane.

p.s. It was free mlb TV game and I watched the last 3 innings. I have been unfair to the announcer Schiffren. He was fine. He did bring up the 100 losses twice and he did speak in a non announcer voice and he did set up Stoney with good questions. I am willing to give him a chance even though I was initially irate at his growl for Robert and stand up southside. He's just looking for a catch phrase. It has to be the worst task in sports to broadcast games of a team this lousy and not get fired by the GM or owner for being negative. I think we all should give him a chance. He did not sound like a dope or total homer in the 3 innings. Go Schiff! You deserve a chance.

Schiffren absolutely has been put in just about the worst situation possible for a broadcaster and I know about things like he's going through.

First year on the job, replacing a very VERY popular broadcaster, with a resume that doesn't show much if any baseball experience and having to broadcast arguably the worst team ever in the modern era. 

Not easy.

But he also has been his own worst enemy taking everything into account. His 'feud' with the media, giving the wrong score, saying a ball was hit to left field when it was hit to right, not knowing the rules and certainly not knowing much of White Sox history.

I'll be watching to see if there is real improvement next season, what he's learned and how he applies it.

Time will tell.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomtom said:

Why are we messing around with guys like De Los Santos when we can bring up young pitchers to see how they fare!

Honestly, why are they messing around playing the games?  It’s almost cruel and unusual punishment   

21 hours ago, greg775 said:

IMHO Shriffren has improved, he has had one difficult job putting lipstick on the ugliest pig ever. 

Edited by The Mighty Mite