5-move day: Ramos and Peralta called up, Bush sent down, Senzel jettisoned and Jacob Amaya claimed. Ramos back down, Amaya up.

Quin

1 minute ago, Quin said:

Also wtf was the point of having Nick Senzel???

In a season like this it's worth taking a shot on former top draft pick who has struggled.  

I don't mind them taking a flyer on him but apparently they couldn't fix what ails him.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

In a season like this it's worth taking a shot on former top draft pick who has struggled.  

I don't mind them taking a flyer on him but apparently they couldn't fix what ails him.

I mean, he's 28 and has had 6 years of being a bad player.

We'll beat the horse into glue, but players like Robles and Bart have shown more and they just slid on by in favor of Martin Maldonado, Corey Julks and Tommy Pham.

Edit: Want to clarify that this isn't a shot at you, just stressing that despite having first dibs, Getz can't even make the right call on waiver claims.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Quin said:

We'll beat the horse into glue, but players like Robles and Bart have shown more and they just slid on by in favor of Martin Maldonado, Corey Julks and Tommy Pham.

Edit: Want to clarify that this isn't a shot at you, just stressing that despite having first dibs, Getz can't even make the right call on waiver claims.

I don't disagree.

16 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

For this team, a 29 year old with a .662 OPS in 1,633 plate appearances in the majors was not worth acquiring.  He is what he is.

Besides, he only had 32 plate appearances with the Sox so they weren’t really trying to fix anything.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

13 minutes ago, Quin said:

Sorry, didn’t see you post this.  But yeah, why did Getz acquire these older proven terrible players rather than the younger guys like Bart and Robles that still may have some juice left in their tank?

Trying to see if Senzel was worth it, I'm fine with.

Carrying him on the roster for over a month, just to get 32 PAs in 10 games, is a pure Chris Getz garbage move. That was pointless.

I think Senzel only got into 1 game after Pedro was fired.  I watched the postgame show yesterday. Ozzie said Ramos should be playing 3B the rest of the season. If Moncada comes back, he should play 2B. Our Chuck then asked about Vargas, and Ozzie just got a disgusted look on his face. Then he said, he's not a 3B.

11 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Sorry, didn’t see you post this.  But yeah, why did Getz acquire these older proven terrible players rather than the younger guys like Bart and Robles that still may have some juice left in their tank?

Robles is falling back down to earth.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

When I saw that he was DFA’ed last week and he was an infielder, I had a feeling Getz would claim him.  He hits about as well as Little Nicky in the minors.  I guess he’s still young?

He actually was pretty decent in 2022 and 2023. But he will be garbage on the Sox. Though a better choice than Senzel.

10 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

To be fair, Robles and Bart are 27-years-old, only a little younger than Senzel.

But if you're a team taking a flier on a (should-be) cheap infielder next year - Moncada makes way, way more sense than Senzel and I'm sure Getz wants to light him on fire.

32 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

Eh, if a guy had shown any talent at any point in time maybe. Nick Senzel is 29 and has been consistently trash in 1600 plate appearances.  He is just bad.  

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Quin said:

To be fair, Robles and Bart are 27-years-old, only a little younger than Senzel.

But if you're a team taking a flier on a (should-be) cheap infielder next year - Moncada makes way, way more sense than Senzel and I'm sure Getz wants to light him on fire.

27 years old with a decent amount of MLB experience is probably about as young as you are going to be able to grab a player who was either a high draft pick or had a good season in the past.  Amaya is turning 26 in a week and has 10 career plate appearances in the majors.  At least Getz acquired a somewhat youngish player, even though he can’t hit at all.  Perhaps Getz is slowly learning?

Edited by WhiteSox2023

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

I will be honest, I know nothing about this dude, but if can't hit, but can actually catch, he's a vast improvement over what we have done out there this year.

True, if he has a glove, if just shows why you don’t give Nicky Lopez $4.3 million dollars just because you have some payroll to spend.

11 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

True, if he has a glove, if just shows why you don’t give Nicky Lopez $4.3 million dollars just because you have some payroll to spend.

Yolmer's been hitting OK in AAA.

*ignore his last MLB stint.

8 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Not that anyone predicted he would be good but Romy Gonzalez is a great example of why you don’t waste money on Little Nicky.

Credit where it's due, if we're going purely off fWAR: Lopez has been worth slightly more (0.6 to 0.3).

But Romy was a lot cheaper for a "everything must go team" and is worth more than Tommy "show 'em how it's done" Pham