5-move day: Ramos and Peralta called up, Bush sent down, Senzel jettisoned and Jacob Amaya claimed. Ramos back down, Amaya up.

Quin

17 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Yeah, I don't get this one. 

52 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Okay, now this move looks stupid and I think even WestEddy and I might actually agree on this.

The two of you at this moment.

91ksf2.jpg

• Haha 3
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The good ol enemies to lovers arc.

I could certainly explain it away as Getz seeing a guy who might need a slight tweak to become a .300/.400/.500 hitter. But I don't think that's Amaya, and that's not the White Sox at this time. 

This is more disappointing than enraging. Maybe Amaya is a better Sosa, in theory. Ramos should be the starting 3B right now. I'd actually flip Ramos and Vargas, let Vargas find whatever he needs to find at Charlotte. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

I could certainly explain it away as Getz seeing a guy who might need a slight tweak to become a .300/.400/.500 hitter. But I don't think that's Amaya, and that's not the White Sox at this time. 

This is more disappointing than enraging. Maybe Amaya is a better Sosa, in theory. Ramos should be the starting 3B right now. I'd actually flip Ramos and Vargas, let Vargas find whatever he needs to find at Charlotte. 

No, it's the arc.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

A .240/.300/.400 hitter would be an improvement with this team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

Lol, absolutely hilarious.  Let Ramos play an extended stretch and see what he can do.  Amaya can't hit at all.  When a much better organization than you like the Astros decides to DFA someone, and the Dodgers trade them for Miguel Rojas, it is a really safe bet they suck.

If a good organization dfa’s someone that means a good org thought they were good enough to have on their forty man in the first place. Just because the astros don’t have room for him doesn’t mean the worst team of all time doesn’t

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

Lol, absolutely hilarious.  Let Ramos play an extended stretch and see what he can do.  Amaya can't hit at all.  When a much better organization than you like the Astros decides to DFA someone, and the Dodgers trade them for Miguel Rojas, it is a really safe bet they suck.

If a good organization dfa’s someone that means a good org thought they were good enough to have on their forty man in the first place. Just because the astros don’t have room for him doesn’t mean the worst team of all time doesn’t

21 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Just wait until Getz’s next waiver claim completely flips everyone’s expectations upside down…

“Athletics designated INF Abraham Toro for assignment.“

26 minutes ago, 46DidIt said:

Like Corey Julks who the Astros at least valued enough to trade but is a terrible MLB player?

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, 46DidIt said:

This sucks for Ramos at the moment, but they can just add him in a few days anyway. I don’t see what’s the big deal. This improves somewhat the young controllable infield depth

It finally dawns upon me that they DFAed Senzel to get Amaya on the 40 man, but he wouldn't be able to get to the ballpark in time for the game, so they called up Ramos for a day to have 26 men. 

The move isn't as silly as it sounds, but Ramos should be starting at 3B for the Sox.

9 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

It finally dawns upon me that they DFAed Senzel to get Amaya on the 40 man, but he wouldn't be able to get to the ballpark in time for the game, so they called up Ramos for a day to have 26 men. 

The move isn't as silly as it sounds, but Ramos should be starting at 3B for the Sox.

Except they’ve consistently played shorthanded when they refuse to IL guys so what’s the point of making Ramos sit in the dugout for a day?  The over-arching concern is that Getz seemingly can’t plan more than a day or 2 in advance.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Except they’ve consistently played shorthanded when they refuse to IL guys so what’s the point of making Ramos sit in the dugout for a day?  The over-arching concern is that Getz seemingly can’t plan more than a day or 2 in advance.

Getz's true nemesis is trying to use a calendar and spreadsheet.

52 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

It IS a silly move to have Jacob Amaya on the active roster over Ramos, no matter what the machinations were to do it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 46DidIt said:

This sucks for Ramos at the moment, but they can just add him in a few days anyway. I don’t see what’s the big deal. This improves somewhat the young controllable infield depth

They only get to add two roster spots.  Typically this is a 3rd catcher and another pitcher.

1 minute ago, KipWellsFan said:

Did y'all see that Brebbia also got DFA'd and Prelander Berroa was recalled? Apologies if I missed the post somewhere.

swapping out gas cans, but at least going with the one who may have a future with the team.

6 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

swapping out gas cans, but at least going with the one who may have a future with the team.

I mean yeah, and since we are 70 games under 500 it obviously doesn't really matter.

But Brebbia's FIP is barely worse than it was last year and that was enough for us to spend 4 million or whatever.

EDIT: I think he would have received a 250k bonus if he made one more appearance. So the answer is, we are cheap.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, KipWellsFan said:

I mean yeah, and since we are 70 games under 500 it obviously doesn't really matter.

But Brebbia's FIP is barely worse than it was last year and that was enough for us to spend 4 million or whatever.

EDIT: I think he would have received a 250k bonus if he made one more appearance. So the answer is, we are cheap.

29 is not 30 Eddie.

So I guess were just going to roll with Nicky Lopez leading off the rest of the season and giving at bats to Gavin Sheets instead of seeing what some of these kids can do on this team that's 70 games under .500 in August...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Quin said:

Getz's true nemesis is trying to use a calendar and spreadsheet.

To be fair, JR probably only got him the trial version of Microsoft 365 so the poor guy's doing spreadsheets by hand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KipWellsFan said:

Like the Gio arbitration...