5-move day: Ramos and Peralta called up, Bush sent down, Senzel jettisoned and Jacob Amaya claimed. Ramos back down, Amaya up.

Quin

14 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

In fairness to Vargas, imagine going from arguably the best team in baseball to inarguably the worst and how much of a shock to the system it must all have been to process.

Better start focusing on himself, as he’s going to be out of baseball in a few years if he keeps playing like this.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Better start focusing on himself, as he’s going to be out of baseball in a few years if he keeps playing like this.

Well, we witnessed a miraculous recovery from Rodon with his back against the wall in 2021.

Tim Anderson...not so much

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

In fairness to Vargas, imagine going from arguably the best team in baseball to inarguably the worst and how much of a shock to the system it must all have been to process.

In fairness to the concept of the majors, it that's why he's hitting under .100, he doesn't desrve a job.

• Like 4

Brought in Jacob Amaya and sent out BRamos without playing in a game. BR should arrive back 

with Charlotte to watch Moncada taking his AB's. According to this sequence of events, The Sox 

value Moncada, Vargas and Amaya more than Ramos. Maybe that's why if we have a 50% gain

in wins next year, we'll still lose over 100 games.

Edited by zisk
spelling

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

I would think a young guy would welcome the opportunity to play every day. This joker doesn't know

when to make lemonade. 

11 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Or he's just not that good.

The real answer.  A young player trying to establish themselves isn’t going to be down about going from a good team where he isn’t playing and is spending a lot of time in the minors to getting an everyday job in the majors. 

Vargas needs to make massive improvements over the off-season and find a way to start actually hitting the ball hard or he’s going to find himself out of baseball really quickly.  Especially since he’s also horrendous defensively. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, zisk said:

Brought in Jacob Amaya and sent out BRamos without playing in a game. BR should arrive back 

with Charlotte to watch Moncada taking his AB's. According to this sequence of events, The Sox 

value Moncada, Vargas and Amaya more than Ramos. Maybe that's why if we have a 50% gain

in wins next year, we'll still lose over 100 games.

Moncada just makes no sense. Just let him go. Makes me think they plan on resigning him to a 1 year deal or something. Because white sox.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

The real answer.  A young player trying to establish themselves isn’t going to be down about going from a good team where he isn’t playing and is spending a lot of time in the minors to getting an everyday job in the majors. 

That's a pretty general statement to make. We have no idea how he's handling the mental side of it.

But yeah, ultimately results are results, so from that standpoint I suppose it doesn't really matter why he's struggling, just that he is.

23 hours ago, Downtown Brown said:

Guessing I know who you got your info from on this... but the person responsible for Gonzalez is very much still the scouting director. 

This isn't true from what I understand but also, which one of these guys is unlike the others? Garrett Crochet, Colson Montgomery, Noah Schultz, Jacob Gonzalez and Hagen Smith. 

23 hours ago, Nardiwashere said:

Who is that person?

Jeremy Haber

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

This isn't true from what I understand but also, which one of these guys is unlike the others? Garrett Crochet, Colson Montgomery, Noah Schultz, Jacob Gonzalez and Hagen Smith. 

Jeremy Haber

I count 3 left-handed pitchers and 2 left-handed MIs.

30 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Jeremy Haber

2 college starters, 1 hs hitter, 1 hs pitcher 1 college hitter...by all means tell me the trend? prior to this year, it was 1 of each of the four major food groups. 

There are people among those 5 that the scouting director didnt push for, gonzalez isnt one of them.

1 hour ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

Moncada just makes no sense. Just let him go. Makes me think they plan on resigning him to a 1 year deal or something. Because white sox.

I’d be zero percent surprised if they try to do this.  I highly question whether the guy even wants to play baseball anymore, but when he’s in the lineup…he’s probably their second best player right?  I mean…they’re paying Nicky Lopez $4m, I could easily see them trying to sign Moncada to a 1y deal for like $6-8m.  He probably won’t play more than 20 games, but do we trust that the Sox FO is actually intelligent enough to consider that?

2 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Jeremy Haber

What happened to Shirley? 

Haber was that heavily involved in the draft, and now totally out of baseball...