5-move day: Ramos and Peralta called up, Bush sent down, Senzel jettisoned and Jacob Amaya claimed. Ramos back down, Amaya up.

Quin

1 hour ago, NWsideSoxfan said:

It’s their only option to keep their career alive.

that’s depressing we are a retirement home.

Moncada will absolutely have offers from other teams. I have no doubt in my mind about that. And I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him play well in another organization. 

5 hours ago, Downtown Brown said:

2 college starters, 1 hs hitter, 1 hs pitcher 1 college hitter...by all means tell me the trend? prior to this year, it was 1 of each of the four major food groups. 

There are people among those 5 that the scouting director didnt push for, gonzalez isnt one of them.

The trend is that it's four dudes with premium upside and one low upside college bat. And please enlighten me on which ones he didn't push for? I don't know that Hagen Smith was his preferred path. 

3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

What happened to Shirley? 

Haber was that heavily involved in the draft, and now totally out of baseball...

He was the scouting director but the scouting director has bosses. 

5 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

The trend is that it's four dudes with premium upside and one low upside college bat. And please enlighten me on which ones he didn't push for? I don't know that Hagen Smith was his preferred path. 

He was the scouting director but the scouting director has bosses. 

you cant have it both ways. if the scouting director has bosses, so does the agm, so does the gm, so does the president.

Either the scouting director is in charge of the draft, or the owner is responsible for every single decision that happens in the white sox. 

2 minutes ago, Downtown Brown said:

you cant have it both ways. if the scouting director has bosses, so does the agm, so does the gm, so does the president.

Either the scouting director is in charge of the draft, or the owner is responsible for every single decision that happens in the white sox. 

It's easy.  The good things are his fault, the bad things aren't.  Make sense?

1 hour ago, Downtown Brown said:

Yeah, it’s kind of like one of @Downtown Brown’s family members buying a Jeep.  Did his family member really choose a Jeep over other SUV brands because they thought it was the best choice, or did they simply buy a Jeep due to peer pressure and a cashback factory rebate and family discount from @Downtown Brown?

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Yeah, it’s kind of like one of @Downtown Brown’s family members buying a Jeep.  Did his family member really choose a Jeep over other SUV brands because he thought it was the best choice, or did he simply buy a Jeep due to peer pressure and a cash back factory rebate and family discount from @Downtown Brown?

I wish I could get a jeep. To cruise lakeshore in a fresh jeep wrangler on a nice fall day. One can only hope. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Downtown Brown said:

It's well known that JR is in the room on draft day and "offers" his opinions. As a source told me:

“With :30 seconds left in their selection time on draft day JR would say things like “You know this college right-handed pitcher has the lowest injury risk.”

2 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

It's well known that JR is in the room on draft day and "offers" his opinions. As a source told me:

“With :30 seconds left in their selection time on draft day JR would say things like “You know this college right-handed pitcher has the lowest injury risk.”

And a new GM is less likely to fight Jerry, or to have Jerry respect him enough to disagree. 

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

And a new GM is less likely to fight Jerry, or to have Jerry respect him enough to disagree. 

That's probably true. To expect JR to change his attitude towards his front office at this stage in his life is highly unlikely. 

3 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

That's probably true. To expect JR to change his attitude towards his front office at this stage in his life is highly unlikely. 

I don’t think JR will ever fire Getz. He thinks he’s amazing.

16 minutes ago, fathom said:

I don’t think JR will ever fire Getz. He thinks he’s amazing.

Well remember he "saved" the organization a year and speeded up the rebuilding process. 😆

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Doesn't go along with believing all pitchers are essentially high injury risks....unless you will actually consider breaking the trend and finally extending one again after Danks went south.

4-6 years...not just 2-3.

I dont know why we're arguing with a "whatever sticks" approach in a team that has long DFA'd glue 

You have to hate the constant callups and calldows if you remotely respect the idea of prospects or even people. Sending down a guy that used to be a top 100 prospect 3 months ago because your organization is schizophrenic and needs relievver number 548724874328 to start a game this year isn't just annoying it's pathetic. 

1 hour ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

This is literally the funniest thing about the entire debacle that has been the 2 seasons. 

No kidding. In trying to not waste a year he probably ended up wasting 3+ years. The decision to hand over control to an in house unqualified GM has set this organization back so far its not even funny.

Its likely that JR never sees a winning Sox team again in his lifetime. And its no ones fault but his own.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, T R U said:

No kidding. In trying to not waste a year he probably ended up wasting 3+ years. The decision to hand over control to an in house unqualified GM has set this organization back so far its not even funny.

Its likely that JR never sees a winning Sox team again in his lifetime. And its no ones fault but his own.

I know a lady that worked for the Bulls  in marketing since the 80s including being a heavy decision maker how to market that team up until the baby Bulls and through part of the Rose years until she died. I don't even think they replaced her position just put like Jeff Keppinger's son in charge. You know the most crazy s%*# about Reinsdorf is he doesn't put his legends in positions he puts the guy that batted .100 or was the 9th man on a bad team in charge of everything. He's not even good at heritage or nepotism or even monarchy.  You have Chicago sports legends making more money making fun of your teams than they would working for the team on a podcast. 

2 hours ago, T R U said:

Club2030 is looking more and more realistic each day.