8/26 - I just Googled it, and there's a game happening right now - Tigers (Buddy's Pizza) @ Sox (Vito & Nick's - change my mind)

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

Chuck and Ozzie’s post-game basically consists of them laughing at how bad this team is.

Took a minute to understand what Ozzie was trying to say, but he finally explained. Being 70 under .500 is basically like going winless for 2 straight months. Yikes.

• Like 2
  • Paper Bag 1

2 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Chuck and Ozzie’s post-game basically consists of them laughing at how bad this team is.

I don't blame them. I'm in the same category. As opposed to getting angry, increasing blood pressure and grey hair? 

5 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

I don't blame them. I'm in the same category. As opposed to getting angry, increasing blood pressure and grey hair? 

I swear Ozzie just said that if someone dropped the soap in the locker room, that he would be all over them.

Needless to say, neither Chuck nor Podsednik corrected him on what that saying actually means…

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Haha 2

It is now 25 times.

25 times the Sox took a lead going into the 7th inning or later...and lost the game.

I wish I had the ability to check if this is some kind of franchise record, but even if it isn't this is absolutely mind boggling. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lip Man 1 said:

It is now 25 times.

25 times the Sox took a lead going into the 7th inning or later...and lost the game.

I wish I had the ability to check if this is some kind of franchise record, but even if it isn't this is absolutely mind boggling. 

I'm sure Jay Cuda could look it up

3 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

It is now 25 times.

I laughed when Chuck and Ozzie said that Getz needs to improve the bullpen.

Yeah, and don’t forget about fixing the worst lineup in baseball along with the worst defense in baseball.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

2 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Yeah, and don’t forget about fixing the worst lineup in baseball along with the worst defense in baseball.

29th defense in baseball***

Give credit where credit is due 

28 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

And I’m sure the starting staff without Crochet will be amazing 

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

And I’m sure the starting staff without Crochet will be amazing 

There really is no light at the end of the tunnel.  The entire organization has maybe 5 MLB level players.  

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Rusty said:

There really is no light at the end of the tunnel.  The entire organization has maybe 5 MLB level players.  

I’m willing to bet that probably half of the AAA teams would have winning records against the White Sox.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

It is now 25 times.

Let's just assume everything they do is a franchise record. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, fathom said:

You have to try to lose this much in Major League Baseball.  How anyone thinks Getz shouldn’t be fired amazes me.  

I'm a general, universal, every franchise in baseball conversation. How bad of a mess does a GM have to inherit until he deserves a couple seasons to fix it? 

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

I'm a general, universal, every franchise in baseball conversation. How bad of a mess does a GM have to inherit until he deserves a couple seasons to fix it? 

What has he done his year on the job, a year, according to the guy who hired him, couldn't be wasted, says to you he is the right guy for the job? It's like Pedro, I wouldn't expect the White Sox to be in contention no matter who JR hired last year, but it's obvious this guy was a mistake. If time is truly of the essence, he needs to go or you will be wasting several more years until enough is enough.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I swear Ozzie just said that if someone dropped the soap in the locker room, that he would be all over them.

Needless to say, neither Chuck nor Podsednik corrected him on what that saying actually means…

Bold of you to assume that isn't exactly what Ozzie meant.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

So they have yet to win a game when trailing after 6 innings (0-76) and then blew 25 games in which they were winning after 6 innings.  Pretty much sums it up.  

But I was told Chris Getz built a really good bullpen? Lol.

15 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

But I was told Chris Getz built a really good bullpen? Lol.

Combination of an all time terrible bullpen and easily the worst offense in baseball.  If they get down they have no chance of coming back and because the offense is so bad, they never have comfortable leads for the terrible bullpen and if the bullpen does blow a game, coming back is impossible.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

Combination of an all time terrible bullpen and easily the worst offense in baseball.  If they get down they have no chance of coming back and because the offense is so bad, they never have comfortable leads for the terrible bullpen and if the bullpen does blow a game, coming back is impossible.

I think you, much like the Sox, dropped the ball by  not mentioning MLBs worse defense as well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I think you, much like the Sox, dropped the ball by  not mentioning MLBs worse defense as well.

They accidentally assembled the worst team in baseball in just about every aspect. Which is simply amazing...