Clevinger accused of Domestic Abuse again, while with Sox, by a different woman

Balta1701

4 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Yeah he's lucky he somehow got an MLB deal this season. He'll never throw a pitch in the MLB ever again after this year.

The market collapsed. He declined what was essentially 8M to get 3M. Noone expected him to return

2 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Spanking is legal in all 50 states as long as it is not considered to be excessive.

Also, unless it is specifically stated in a court order that Clevinger is not to spank his child, your point about him not having primary custody would not matter and it would still be legal for him to spank his child.

Assuming there is no court order with this language, none of this would constitute child abuse in the eyes of the law, which is why I thought it was strange that the video in the tweet was even shared by whomever the “Goblin Gobbler” is.  My guess is that this is also why the White Sox did nothing with this video, as it proves nothing.

Finally, no one mentioned using a belt until you did.  That may be considered “excessive” which could be deemed child abuse by the courts, rather than legal open-hand spanking.

Legality and morality are two completely separate things.

2 hours ago, wrathofhahn said:

Spanking isn't child abuse, if parents want to spank their children that is their right. Just like there is right to try to be their best friend rather than an actual parent.

Raise your kids how you want to, and stay out of other peoples business.

So, why can't you punch your kid in the face? 

Raise your kids how you want is a wild statement. We abide by plenty of other laws. 

If you read the studies, this creates a similar response in the brain as sexual assault which I doubt you'd justify as raising your kids how you want. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Raise your kids how you want is a wild statement. We abide by plenty of other laws. 

If you read the studies, this creates a similar response in the brain as sexual assault which I doubt you'd justify as raising your kids how you want. 

Because the law doesn’t recognize a non-excessive spanking to one’s own child to be the same as a punch to the face, which may be assault and battery.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Because the law doesn’t recognize a non-excessive spanking to one’s own child to be the same as a punch to the face, which may be assault and battery.

Spanking is not the same as punching someone in the face on is a form of punishment the other is domestic violence.

Punishment is meant to change behavior, not alleviate anger.

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Any study who believes that is BS. I was raised with spanking and never once considered it sexual assault. What happens is you are embarrassed and the first reaction is thinking back on what you did. It's effective.

You don't want to spank your child don't, don't try and decide how other people should raise their kids.

Edited by wrathofhahn
  • TLR 1

7 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

Spanking is not the same as punching someone in the face on is a form of punishment the other is domestic violence.

Any study who believes that is BS. I was raised with spanking and never once considered it sexual assault. What happens is you are embarrassed and the first reaction is thinking back on what you did. It's effective.

You don't want to spank your child don't, don't try and decide how other people should raise their kids.

It's amazing how someone as analytically inclined as you could still fall for the fallacy of my personal experience means this isn't a problem because I'm fine.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wrathofhahn said:

There's a long history of society deciding "how other people should raise their kids". If you believe the studies that show these results are BS, then you probably have no real credibility to evaluate your own reactions or your child's to "punishment". 

Why is there embarrassment? And are you so sure the first reaction is a logical connection to one's behavior? I got hit with a strap, bare-assed as a kid, and yes, I consider that sexual abuse. Because it is. Not that my Dad was a molester; he was a great guy, I trusted and still love him. But A + B = C. It's abuse that's sexual in nature, therefore, it's sexual abuse. Because sometimes the "spanking" was enraged, disproportionate, and seemingly random, I went a long time, as a kid, not understanding why I was always in trouble at school, and around authority. It was beneath my parents to explain themselves to me, because a parent doesn't have to explain themselves; the kid should respect the parent, and it's nobody else's business, anyway. Sound familiar? 

I think a big part of this disagreement is crossing the line of "if this is abuse, then my parents were abusers". One can still admit that one's parents did something unhealthy (which was/is accepted and legal), and still love, understand and respect them. There is no dichotomy.

If you give your kid a swat or two because he won't stop acting out, sure, that's still legal. It's also legal for some of us to think that's very unhealthy, express that, and try to change the law to reflect current, societal thinking. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Imagine believing that hitting your kids is still a good parenting technique in the year of our lord, 2024. Pretty much every psychological study out there tells us it is harmful, and yet, ignorant parents continue to stand by it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Grinder said:

Nothing wrong w a firm and swift smack where the sun doesn't shine. It's harmless and gets the point across to the urchin 

Better than your kid turning into a spoiled brat or even worse, some psycho narcissistic school shooter because his parents never gave him consequences for misbehaving.

57 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Better than your kid turning into a spoiled brat or even worse, some psycho narcissistic school shooter because his parents never gave him consequences for misbehaving.

Who knew we could prevent all these school shootings if we were just MORE violent with our kids. Man. What a revelation. 

20 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Who knew we could prevent all these school shootings if we were just MORE violent with our kids. Man. What a revelation. 

Who knew that kids wouldn’t think they could get away with anything without repercussions for their actions at a young age?

Remember, you are the one calling about half the US population child abusers, not me.

I have two teenage sons and I did employ spanking when they were younger.  Just curious, how many children do you have?

Edited by WhiteSox2023

I believe there is a parenting subreddit y'all could argue these points. Let's get this back to the crap baseball player he was and how everyone in the organization who thought bringing him back was a good idea should be fired. 

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Who knew kids wouldn’t think they could get away with anything without repercussions for their actions at a young age?

Remember, you are the one calling about half the US population child abusers, not me…

I've made no such claim at any point in this thread. Also, thinking school shooters are simply kids who think they can get away with anything without repercussions is an absolutely insane perspective, considering most of them are suicidal. There's a lot more wrong with someone that is willing to shoot up a school than not being disciplined as a kid. Maybe if parents were better at dealing with their children having severe emotional, social, or behavioral issues, and getting them the help they need, half the country wouldn't need to hit their children, and kids wouldn't shoot up schools...?

Educate yourself, please. Perhaps talk to a couple child psychologists in the process. 

• TLR 1

• Texsox locked this topic