Moncada and Soroka going to AAA for rehab

I can’t wait until Moncada goes to a real franchise and has a Michael Kopech level resurgence because someone holds him accountable.  Small sample size but…look at Eloys stats with Baltimore so far compared to this season with the Sox.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rusty said:

I can’t wait until Moncada goes to a real franchise and has a Michael Kopech level resurgence because someone holds him accountable.  Small sample size but…look at Eloys stats with Baltimore so far compared to this season with the Sox.

Eloy has been bad with Baltimore too.

30 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Hes been awful with the O’s outside of his first like 5 games.

5 minutes ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

Eloy has been bad with Baltimore too.

He certainly hasn’t been great (and again small sample size) but his BA is up 60 pts, OBP, SLG, OPS, OPS+ all up.  Still no HR but double rate and RBI are up.  He’s still not hitting well enough to justify not being able to play a position defensively but there’s no argument that he has improved fairly significantly since the trade.

4 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Which isn't saying much though is it?

I mean they barely have any player with an OPS over .700.  The entire roster is comically bad.  I know some players don’t respond terribly well to coaching but, as an example, Luis Robert’s approach at the plate is coaching malfeasance.  The entire league knows to throw him sliders down and away outside of the zone and he just keeps swinging at them.  

55 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Unfortunately injuries don't always go away. 

LOL - Eloy is a knee jerk reaction.  Play him everyday and also in the OF and see how that goes.

Just now, kitekrazy said:

Unfortunately injuries don't always go away. 

LOL - Eloy is a knee jerk reaction.  Play him everyday and also in the OF and see how that goes.

Eloy is the personification of the issue with the White Sox roster construction.  Cant play defense and is an ok-ish hitter but certainly not a good enough bat to justify as a DH.  AV and Sheets are both the same.  Their offensive numbers would Be mildly palatable if they could effectively play a position.   But as a DH?  Hell no.

1 hour ago, Rusty said:

Yes, look at the stats.

17 hits 13 singles 0 home runs....

You can have him

Eloy will always be the same unless if he finally decides to change his work habits. Rodon did it.  He was a dog until he was non-tendered.  Maybe this will be the wake up call Eloy needs too.  I have my doubts but it's possible.  I also have my doubts about Robert.  I have no doubts about Moncada.  He's never changing.  

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

20 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Eloy will always be the same unless if he finally decides to change his work habits. Rodon did it.  He was a dog until he was non-tendered.  Maybe this will be the wake up call Eloy needs too.  I have my doubts but it's possible.  I also have my doubts about Robert.  I have no doubts about Moncada.  He's never changing.  

Same...same.