Moncada and Soroka going to AAA for rehab

1 hour ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

They are definitely bringing Yoan back next season. Why else would they be playing him.

With all due respect he's owed I think 25 million if they pick up his option year next season.

No way in hell that happens.

"He gone..."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Moncada is not being traded.  He has a $5 million buyout or a $25 million option for 2025.  He's getting the $5 million to go away.  He will be a free agent in like 6 weeks.

I just mean in general. ‘This player is bound to produce better results in your quality organization, as his performance here was effected by our toxic environment and general incompetence”

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 46DidIt said:

I just mean in general. ‘This player is bound to produce better results in your quality organization, as his performance here was effected by our toxic environment and general incompetence”

His performance is 100% health related.  He cannot stay on the field.

Someone will take a flyer on him for $7M next year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Capn12 said:

Oh boy, can't wait to see Moncada's meaningless ABs in the name of stunting anyone else from playing the position in the last 2-3 weeks of games that don't matter.

While Vargas is under contract, I think I would rather see literally anyone at 3B than him. Moncada, Ramos, Colas, Sheets, Crochet. Anyone.

So if they're robbing Ramos of at-bats, at least it won't be Vargas. Or it probably will.

2 hours ago, Capn12 said:

Oh boy, can't wait to see Moncada's meaningless ABs in the name of stunting anyone else from playing the position in the last 2-3 weeks of games that don't matter.

they're gonna do everything they can to avoid losing 119+ games outside of starting the clocks on certain impact minor leaguers

https://www.statmuse.com/mlb/ask/worst-record-wise-mlb-team-in-history-that-played-162-games-single-season

6 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Moncada is not being traded.  He has a $5 million buyout or a $25 million option for 2025.  He's getting the $5 million to go away.  He will be a free agent in like 6 weeks.

Yep. The odds of the Sox paying him $25 million next season are 25 million to one. Some team will probably sign him unless he wants too much money. If teams look at how Eloy is doing in Baltimore they'll probably pass on Moncada. If he can get 5 to 10 mill a year, his agent should be agent of the year.

3 hours ago, Capn12 said:

We either rush them to the majors or we stunt them by not having them play every day.