Your 31-101 White Sox against the Texas Rangers 7:10 CST Game Thread

43 minutes ago, wegner said:

A dollar seems a bit steep for a Sox game....how about throwing in a Kosher dog to sweetin the deal?

Can't spend a dollar if you only have .50 cents! 😆

• Love 2

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

I don’t understand White Sox managers. Why face Seager with the infield in when you could just put him on and face Grossman with at least the infield at  worst halfway?

He’s made some very bad decisions late in games in his short tenure.

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

He’s made some very bad decisions late in games in his short tenure.

With that bullpen, isn't every decision late in the game doomed to failure?

And Grady has probably already figured out that the White Sox don't score after the 5th inning.

19 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

JR's lame ass is trending on twitter. I feel sorry for kids in Chicago man trying to come up as sox fans. this is not what us 30-55 or so folks aged knew as the product, as insufferable as JR was otherwise. This is unfathomable levels of bad.

It was never a really good product most of the time.

This is like the Veeck years of the 70's except you liked Veeck. JR-not so much,

1 minute ago, wegner said:

With that bullpen, isn't every decision late in the game doomed to failure?

And Grady has probably already figured out that the White Sox don't score after the 5th inning.

I get that, but the White Sox should at least give not giving the opponents best players a great chance to beat them a shot. The other way hasn’t worked.

• Like 2

Ranger announcers saying that a team like the Sox could turn things around fast like the horrible 2003 Tigers who made to the WS in 2006, what they didn’t mention is the Tigers weren’t owned by Jerry Reinsdork, they did mention that teams to get better fast need to spend money.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

We forget that only a minimum wage worker was willing to manage this team.

It’s just amazing that every decision anyone in this organization makes is wrong.  Never seen anything like this collapse in sports.

1 minute ago, kitekrazy said:

I wonder what it's like with the modern playoff format that your team are the defending WS champs and not playing .500 baseball.

Probably not as bad as losing 128 games and not getting a top ten pick :)

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

It was never a really good product most of the time.

This is like the Veeck years of the 70's except you liked Veeck. JR-not so much,

The Veeck years were mostly bad, but during the 5 seasons he owned the team in the 70s and 1980, they were a combined 68 games under .500. They are about to be 71 under this year alone.

• Like 2
  • Paper Bag 1

Just now, fathom said:

It’s just amazing that every decision anyone in this organization makes is wrong.  Never seen anything like this collapse in sports.

When you have arrogant, incompetent, dysfunctional and inept people in power making decisions from ownership on down the line why should you be surprised?

I really thought it was incomprehensibly bad baseball when this team was winning once a week earlier in the season....I have no idea what to call this nonsense.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Ranger announcers saying that a team like the Sox could turn things around fast like the horrible 2003 Tigers who made to the WS in 2006, what they didn’t mention is the Tigers weren’t owned by Jerry Reinsdork, they did mention that teams to get better fast need to spend money.

The are pretty ignorant that scouts here fail in everything.  Sure they could get some free agents that will eventually turn into #MakeBirminghamBetter

And before anyone brings this up when the Sox lose this game.

Flexen did not start the game so he is still tied with Danny Wright for the record of 19 straight starts without his team winning.