Your 31-101 White Sox against the Texas Rangers 7:10 CST Game Thread

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

That was perfectly played to an absurd amount.  If literally any of that play goes slightly differently the Southside is standing up.

Yep, the timing, the wall-scaling, turning his body, reaching out, catching it, and not knocking his arm into the top of the wall and dropping the ball.  That ball also wasn’t just over the wall.  It was gone by a few feet.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Slider-speed swing but can’t recognize a slider

that's the biggest problem with most of our hitters, they can't identify pitches.  watch Andrew Vaughn's at-bats.  He will swing at a pitch in the dirt with a lot of depth/movement, and then take a fastball straight across the plate in literally the next pitch, how are they all this bad

it's almost like they don't have the same information/pregame tools to even compete at this level.  

• Like 1

Watched the last half inning on gameday....no idea that Vaughn should've had a walk off. I did see that they just kept going further and further off the plate to Sosa and he obliged.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

This is just ridiculous.

And Peralta ...his four seamer tops out at 90MPH.  Why do people think he's a major leaguer?

Peralta is a AAAA player.  Anyone with a brain knows that.  The White Sox FO on the other hand…

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

Watched the last half inning on gameday....no idea that Vaughn should've had a walk off. I did see that they just kept going further and further off the plate to Sosa and he obliged.

I texted my dad the video. He was watching gameday too and had no idea it was that close. Thats gonna be on highlight reels for quite some time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Peralta is a AAAA player.  Anyone with a brain knows that.  The White Sox FO on the other hand…

They have no one better.  Their inability to develop relief prospects is scary bad.  It’s a main reason they’ve had to pay so much for relievers in the past.

3 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

I texted my dad the video. He was watching gameday too and had no idea it was that close. Thats gonna be on highlight reels for quite some time.

Tremendous catch. If I'd been watching i probably would've said "yep, that figures...no walk offs for you"

3 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Avoided the shutout again.  Does anyone know how many 1-run games this team has had?  Seems like a ton.

Sox have scored one run in 26 games so far this season.

And for those mentioning "luck" and "cursed" I'm reminded of this salient quote:

"Luck is the residue of design..."-Branch Rickey 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

They have no one better.  Their inability to develop relief prospects is scary bad.  It’s a main reason they’ve had to pay so much for relievers in the past.

Kopech, Cousins, Chavez, Cronin, and Hill seem to be doing pretty decent as relievers since they left…