Your 31-101 White Sox against the Texas Rangers 7:10 CST Game Thread

4 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

A .231 winning percentage.

On pace for a 37-125 record.

Simply amazing.

I don't see how these schmucks win 6 more games....I'll take the under.

• Like 5
  • Paper Bag 1

4 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

Dude, I’m so amped after that catch. I’m not gonna be able to sleep for a while.

Has there ever been a better catch in LF at GRF? I'm not counting Wise, that was left center. I've never seen someone go that high over the LF bullpen at home. Am I missing one?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Has there ever been a better catch in LF at GRF? I'm not counting Wise, that was left center. I've never seen someone go that high over the LF bullpen at home. Am I missing one?

It’s right there with Wise for the best catch I’ve watched live. I’ll give Wise the edge on that one though.

1 minute ago, Milkman delivers said:

It’s right there with Wise for the best catch I’ve watched live. I’ll give Wise the edge on that one though.

Wise is the better catch because of the scenario.  Take the situational context out and this catch is absolutely more impressive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

What's with our bats against Texas? Are their pitchers good?

I feel sorry for Vaughn again 0-for-9. My gawd. He should have called in sick.

Folks I bet there were not 500 people in the park for Game One. Nobody ever counts the actual amount of people. Check the highlights. Nobody was in there. Did any of u go? Was there even 1000 fans? I seriously doubt it. Think about it. Wednesday. School in session. Horrible team. Only a few retirees would go if they saved up money for their retirements.

Can you imagine the clubhouse after game two after that catch? It's like WTF do we gotta do. That ball was CRUSHED.

Edited by greg775

10 minutes ago, JoeC said:

Just saw the catch.

Schriffen's call in GIF form:

the-simpsons-heart-broken.gif

Poor guy already had cue the fireworks and say it with me, South Side staaaaaand up.  It was going to be like they won the World Series.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, DoUEvenShift said:

I was thinking about this and wondered if Bo Jackson was a possibility so I did a quick search....now I know this is not LF and not a great catch, but holy crap Bo had a great arm!!!

Great pick and tag by Robin on the other end as well.

Edited by wegner

11 hours ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Ivan Calderon climbing the scoreboard in old Tiger Stadium is my all time favorite.  I can't think of one better at that wall in this park though.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

It's almost as if Pedro wasn't the problem.  I wonder who else could be influential on making line ups?

Wasn’t there a rumor that Getz was telling Grifol who to put in the lineup but he wasn’t listening?  I assume Getz would try to do the same with Sizemore, but I would be surprised if Sizemore wouldn’t follow the plan since he is so green.

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Wasn’t there a rumor that Getz was telling Grifol who to put in the lineup but he wasn’t listening?  I assume Getz would try to do the same with Sizemore, but I would be surprised if Sizemore wouldn’t follow the plan since he is so green.

When you look at the fact that not everyone got fired, it is probably pretty easy to assume that the ones who didn't passed the loyalty clause.  If something hasn't changed about who is playing, it is safe to assume today, that is who upper management wants played.