Your 31-101 White Sox against the Texas Rangers 7:10 CST Game Thread

JR's lame ass is trending on twitter. I feel sorry for kids in Chicago man trying to come up as sox fans. this is not what us 30-55 or so folks aged knew as the product, as insufferable as JR was otherwise. This is unfathomable levels of bad.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

No, this just gifted the Sox at least one win. Double headers are almost always split. It’s already happened a couple times this year.

True. I was just thinking that they get at least one automatic win. There's hope of losing both, though, if Texas can take game one. Sox might squeeze out a win. A Sox sweep would be wild.

1 hour ago, Milkman delivers said:

No, this just gifted the Sox at least one win. Double headers are almost always split. It’s already happened a couple times this year.

I wouldn’t put a ton of money on this one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It was mind-boggling that they allowed the game to start at all.  The radar showed a huge, severe storm slowly heading toward the area.  And on the broadcast you could see the pitch black sky in the background.  Then they post on Twitter that "unexpected" thunderstorms caused the game to be suspended.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, hogan873 said:

It was mind-boggling that they allowed the game to start at all.  The radar showed a huge, severe storm slowly heading toward the area.  And on the broadcast you could see the pitch black sky in the background.  Then they post on Twitter that "unexpected" thunderstorms caused the game to be suspended.

NGL those storms seemed to surprise the entire area.  We went from clear and hot/muggy until dusk straight to a T storm warning with possible damage alerts and I was watching the news and every weather anchor seemed unsure of where it all was going 

3 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

NGL those storms seemed to surprise the entire area.  We went from clear and hot/muggy until dusk straight to a T storm warning with possible damage alerts and I was watching the news and every weather anchor seemed unsure of where it all was going 

if you watched the radar, it went from nothing to big time in no time at all.

36 minutes ago, RegionSox said:

Yeah those storms popped up out of nowhere.   There was a crazy amount of lightning all night too by me.

They may have largely come “out of nowhere” but 4 pitches is insane incompetence.  You’re telling me they didn’t have 2’ of warning?  That doesn’t seem entirely plausible.   There’s a reason it’s the first game in league history suspended before a single out.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Rusty said:

They may have largely come “out of nowhere” but 4 pitches is insane incompetence.  You’re telling me they didn’t have 2’ of warning?  That doesn’t seem entirely plausible.   There’s a reason it’s the first game in league history suspended before a single out.

I don't think so. It was insane. I live on the Near North Side. Right before 7, it was sunny and there was a cicada right by my bedroom window. It was so loud, i thought it might be inside. Then I spotted him on the small window ledge below my window. I didn't want to take out the screen to shoe him away so I pounded on the glass. That just made him louder. 2 minutes later he was pounded by hail and he scrammed.

Edited by Dick Allen

1 hour ago, Rusty said:

I’m just saying…it’s the first time it’s…ever happened.  Not surprising that it happens in a game hosted by the most dysfunctional organization in the league.

The Sox breaking dubious records and setting new standards of incompetence is when preparation meets opportunity.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, T R U said:

lol I don't even know if you can count 50 people in this picture.

I'm generally a bit anti social so that picture makes me seriously consider going to the ballpark tonight

• Haha 1