Brebbia DFA'd, Berroa back

More millions of JR's dollars wasted by GM Chris Getz. 🤡

Would be nice to know what the owner thinks about approximately 22-24 million of his hard earned dollars wasted on stiffs, bums, has been's and retreads. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:
More millions of JR's dollars wasted by GM Chris Getz. 🤡

Would be nice to know what the owner thinks about approximately 22-24 million of his hard earned dollars wasted on stiffs, bums, has been's and retreads. 

The other habitual losing small markets do this in hopes of the myth of a better tomorrow by trading a hopeful lightning in a bottle in July.  So they traded a decent starter with another year left for................???????????????.  Fans should fear this off season unless you can endure another decade of s%*# baseball.  Follow the myth...follow the myth.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

The other habitual losing small markets do this in hopes of the myth of a better tomorrow by trading a hopeful lightning in a bottle in July.  So they traded a decent starter with another year left for................???????????????.  Fans should fear this off season unless you can endure another decade of s%*# baseball.  Follow the myth...follow the myth.

Statistically Fedde was Top 20ish in all of MLB.

I never understood why some posters here thought we were going to get anything for Brebbia at the trade deadline. What team in the playoff hunt would want to give that guy any innings? I guess I will get that answer when I see who picks him up.

Just now, wegner said:

I never understood why some posters here thought we were going to get anything for Brebbia at the trade deadline. What team in the playoff hunt would want to give that guy any innings? I guess I will get that answer when I see who picks him up.

I think he pitched like 5 good innings before the deadline and Getz is supposedly a wunderkind.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Quin said:

I think he pitched like 5 good innings before the deadline and Getz is supposedly a wunderkind.

Is that one of those uniquely Germanic words that means something like "one who enjoys prolonging the misery of a long suffering fan base"?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Watch.  He will now go the way of Bummer and Chavez and be productive for them.

Don’t forget ReyLo is about to have a 5 WAR season for them.  When is the last time a Sox pitcher went to another organization and got markedly worse?  Because it seems like quite a few have a pretty significant bump in performance.

1 minute ago, Rusty said:

Don’t forget ReyLo is about to have a 5 WAR season for them.  When is the last time a Sox pitcher went to another organization and got markedly worse?  Because it seems like quite a few have a pretty significant bump in performance.

Lucas Giolito fell apart after leaving the Sox just last year.

Giolito was a headcase and Katz was his security blanket.  The guy looked physically ill every time he was on the mound.  I actuallY felt bad for him.  At least the Sox managed to get a decent return for him and ReyLo.

Edited by Rusty