8/29 vs Rangers 1:10

6 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Manfred will have to say something eventually.

Surely AL owners in the East and West are behind closed doors.

Exactly, 3 teams from the Central will be in the Playoffs because they get to play more games against the White Sox, hopefully someone will read the riot act to Reinsdork. 

Edited by The Mighty Mite

2 minutes ago, Rusty said:

The Sox are so bad that MLB is legit going to have to change the rules again to maintain competitive balance.  Great work Jerry, you piece of fucking s%*#.

I am not even sure what rule you could change to prevent what happened this year.  They had a middle of the road payroll, signed some free agents, and actually seemed to think they could not be the worst team in baseball.

Just now, The Mighty Mite said:

Exactly, 3 teams from the Central will be in the Playoffs because they get to play more game against the White Sox, hopefully someone will read the riot act to Reinsdork. 

Over time the schedule has never been perfectly balanced so any argument a team from the East or West has is out the window.

How many years was Tampa losing 100+ games a year and the Yankees/ Red Sox were taking advantage of that. Or when Houston was God-awful in the west?

Manfred isn't going to do squat as long as everyone is making loads of money. 

• Like 1

Just now, Lip Man 1 said:

Over time the schedule has never been perfectly balanced so any argument a team from the East or West has is out the window.

How many years was Tampa losing 100+ games a year and the Yankees/ Red Sox were taking advantage of that. Or when Houston was God-awful in the west?

Manfred isn't going to do squat as long as everyone is making loads of money. 

I’m sure Manfred loves that Jerry looks pathetic

7 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I am not even sure what rule you could change to prevent what happened this year.  They had a middle of the road payroll, signed some free agents, and actually seemed to think they could not be the worst team in baseball.

Can we get baseball to ban Chris Getz? Can they resurrect that old story about Beckham and drum them both outta baseball??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Someone needs to set him up for betting on baseball

If fucking killing it this season betting against the Sox in the money line.  Normally the Martingale strategy is horrible but it’s basically guaranteed with this team.  I don’t think they’ve won 3 in a row all season have they?  I’ve got a bankroll now to sustain like a 15 game winning streak and we know that’s never happening.

It doesn’t even matter if the starting pitchers end up decent.  They are scoring 3.1 runs a game and the bullpen is a dumpster fire.  Neither look to have an improvement on the horizon.  In fact it’s likely even worse if they deal Crochet, Robert and slash payroll even further.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Grinder said:

Too bad MLB isn't open to a "mercy draft" where Sox could pick one unprotected player from each team 

"I welcome the chance to screw that up"

getzy.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Paper Bag 1

1 hour ago, The Grinder said:

Too bad MLB isn't open to a "mercy draft" where Sox could pick one unprotected player from each team 

That actually is what happens in case of a catastrophic accident involving a MLB team, say a plane crash. In order to finish the season the organization would be allowed to select unprotected players to fill out a roster and continue to play.

Does this season qualify under those terms?  

3 hours ago, fathom said:

Yep, totally screwed.  I actually think they should trade Schultz for an offensive prospect.

LOL! Just LOL!   An offensive prospect acquired by the Sox will be an offensive defect. 

30 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

That actually is what happens in case of a catastrophic accident involving a MLB team, say a plane crash. In order to finish the season the organization would be allowed to select unprotected players to fill out a roster and continue to play.

Does this season qualify under those terms?  

Plane crash or in our case, train wreck 

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I get angry just looking at the box scores now. Look at those FUCKING SLASH LINES FROM OUR DH AND 1B AND OUR BIG NEW ADDITION.

God damn man.

I don’t get angry anymore.  I expect failure.

You can name one no doubt successful Getz trade — Robbie Grossman for Anthony Hoopii-Tuionetoa.  I challenge anyone to tell me another no doubt good trade that Getz has made.

And even amongst his two good offseason signings (Fedde and DeJong), he traded one of his best trade assets for possibly the worst hitter and fielder in baseball in Miguel Vargas.

Like I said, a blind, drunk monkey simply throwing darts at pictures of players taped to a wall would be more successful than the players that Getz supposedly scouts and chooses.

Edited by WhiteSox2023