Nicky Lopez placed on waivers

He really seems to be a guy Soxtalk will bring up in 15 years...."remember when they played Nicky Lopez almost every day that season? Boy did he suck!!!"

Edited by wegner
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

There are broken fridges with a layer of mold not scraped off since the first Bush presidency sitting on the corner with a "free" sign that are more appealing.

Which is why we didn't hear about it.  Every single awful contract was put on waviers with the prayer that someone would bite, no matter how small.  But there was no chance anyone would claim them, hence the no news.

• Like 2

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Which is why we didn't hear about it.  Every single awful contract was put on waviers with the prayer that someone would bite, no matter how small.  But there was no chance anyone would claim them, hence the no news.

I know the rule changed a bit but any negative value vet is on waivers by late summer for the most part.

11 minutes ago, wegner said:

Are we soon gonna see Travis Jankowski in a Sox uniform??

I don’t think a 33 year old fourth outfielder is a priority for our terrible team, regardless of his amazing catch last night.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I know the rule changed a bit but any negative value vet is on waivers by late summer for the most part.

Yeah you used to be able to execute certain trades in August, but the waivers are still wide open.  Now it is either claim them, or don't.  You can't claim and work out a non-40 man roster deal or pick up some cash like you used to.  You either get the whole deal, or nothing.

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I don’t think a 33 year old fourth outfielder is a priority for our terrible team, regardless of his amazing catch last night.

He's a free agent in a month.  We can sign him next year just like anyone else can.

20 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

You do know this is the Chicago White Sox we are talking about, right??

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Rusty said:

It’s gonna be hilarious when they call up the guy hitting .208 at Charlotte because they are in a completely desperate panic,  

Sub-.700 OPS as well. There's gotta be someone else who can act as filler.

Edit: our boy Mendick.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

8 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Sub-.700 OPS as well. There's gotta be someone else who can act as filler.

Edit: our boy Mendick.

Is mendick still in the org?