Fire Paul Janish

Quin

If he's the guy in charge of making David Eckstein, winning players, he sucks too.

• Knights are 28th in OPS in the AAA despite playing in a bandbox.
  • Barons are 24th in OPS in AA.
  • Dash are 25th in OPS in High-A
  • Cannon Ballers are actually semi-successful, ranking 7th in Low-A in OPS.

He's just another guy with a (albeit, minor) Royals connection that Getz brought in despite the fact that the Rice University baseball team has been horrible during Janish's tenure.

• Like 3
  • Paper Bag 1

The sad thing is it has to be a huge problem for so long before changes are made. So what if hes been here less than a year, if he's incompetent  he's incompetent. The faster these people are replaced, the shorter the time you can at least be average again. You know, the Bulls strategy. 

• Like 1
  • Paper Bag 1

yeah the drafts haven't been great but every team eventually polishes up a low ranked prospect and turns them into a real major leaguer, everyone except the Sox

you can't keep blaming the draft, I would put almost all of the blame on Reinsdorf and his GMs, they're the ones who keep putting people in charge of player development who don't know a damn thing about developing a fucking baseball player.  we can't be shocked when they f*** up every single high ranked hitting prospect year after year 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

Not to be “me”, but what pitching development are you referring to?

There are more positives than there are with hitting,  but we were completely unable to find one decent reliever from the minors this years.  The starter call ups were sporadic at best.  No one that started out in the top half of the minors forced themselves on to the roster.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Does Paul Janish get any credit for the pitching development? 

Incomplete. Some are really hopeful, but we will see. Ultimately what counts is what they do, not what they are ranked. Hopefully Schultz is a stud. Bush and Nastrini have major flaws. Cannon might be OK but might not. Who knows what is going to come of Thorpe elbow Martin looks good,, but how much is that have to do with Janish? Wasn’t that Banniister sugessting a grip, and it worked right away?

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, fathom said:

Not to be “me”, but what pitching development are you referring to?

Is this a serious question? They have a ton of pitching depth and some high end options. Their pitching infrastructure is awesome right now and it's the reason why the White Sox have an upper third system. I don't give Janish the credit for the pitching either but I also wouldn't blame the lack of hitting development on him either. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Is this a serious question? They have a ton of pitching depth and some high end options. Their pitching infrastructure is awesome right now and it's the reason why the White Sox have an upper third system. I don't give Janish the credit for the pitching either but I also wouldn't blame the lack of hitting development on him either. 

So who gets the blame for the lack of hitting development then?

11 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Tosar lol

Sure, he roped Getz into acquiring worthless Vargas.  But Tosar is gone now so Getz will have to eat the blame at this point.  Former director of player development…  what a joke.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

7 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

So who gets the blame for the lack of hitting development then?

I don't need to blame anyone. They need a hitting department. Alan Zinter was hired as minor league hitting coordinator and the coaches have focused on approach which I think is a good thing. They likely need a lot more employees though. An organizational director of hitting with everything flowing down makes sense to me and I think it's coming. It's been a rough year. The roving instructors made really meaningful changes with George Wolkow and Bryan Ramos has noted the same recently as well. They've drafted and acquired players with on base ability who have controlled the strike zone. I like the strategy. It just takes a long time. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Sure, but once again...after the top two hyped lefties, massive uncertainty.

Thorpe is #3 arguably...or Cannon, if you looked at it like a 2026 future rotation.

Martin is a pedestrian #4.

Bush and Nastrini seem doomed for the back end or bullpen.

Eder? Iriarte? Taylor? Keener?

You have anything from the three headlining (Crochet included) stars comprising a potential greatest collection of lefties ever assembled to a trade and UCL joint away from an unending decade in the pitching wilderness ... think Glavine Smoltz Avery Maddux Schmidt etc.

Of course we had these same dream rotations in 1998-2001 and then 2017-19 and look how they ended...it took quite fortuitous trades to result in 2005.

3 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I don't need to blame anyone. They need a hitting department. Alan Zinter was hired as minor league hitting coordinator and the coaches have focused on approach which I think is a good thing. They likely need a lot more employees though. An organizational director of hitting with everything flowing down makes sense to me and I think it's coming. It's been a rough year. The roving instructors made really meaningful changes with George Wolkow and Bryan Ramos has noted the same recently as well. They've drafted and acquired players with on base ability who have controlled the strike zone. I like the strategy. It just takes a long time. 

Except how much credibility does someone with a career .167 average get?   Would like to think players would be open minded.

Montgomery Colas Fletcher Sosa Zavala all went backwards or flatlined.

Quero was a relative success but now he's pretty beat up.  One plus I guess.

Baldwin simply returned to mean?

Wolkow at least 3-4 years away.

Ramos...can we actually get to watch him play for an extended period of time now?

18 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Sure, but once again...after the top two hyped lefties, massive uncertainty.

Thorpe is #3 arguably...or Cannon, if you looked at it like a 2026 future rotation.

Martin is a pedestrian #4.

Bush and Nastrini seem doomed for the back end or bullpen.

Eder? Iriarte? Taylor? Keener?

You have anything from the three headlining (Crochet included) stars comprising a potential greatest collection of lefties ever assembled to a trade and UCL joint away from an unending decade in the pitching wilderness ... think Glavine Smoltz Avery Maddux Schmidt etc.

Of course we had these same dream rotations in 1998-2001 and then 2017-19 and look how they ended...it took quite fortuitous trades to result in 2005.

I don't believe that there's massive uncertainty with Schultz and Smith. 

To me, you have the big 3 lefties and then a ton of back-end options.  Their pitching development is clearly better than their hitting development.  Iriarte is gonna struggle in the majors until he improves his command, IMO.

24 minutes ago, fathom said:

To me, you have the big 3 lefties and then a ton of back-end options.  Their pitching development is clearly better than their hitting development.  Iriarte is gonna struggle in the majors until he improves his command, IMO.

I think Grant Taylor is an ace potentially. Mason Adams could be a mid-rotation guy and then lots of #4's but that's still extremely valuable. Also, I'm not just gonna brush off having Schultz and Smith potentially as early as mid-season 2025. 

I think Grant Taylor is an ace potentially. Mason Adams could be a mid-rotation guy and then lots of #4's but that's still extremely valuable. Also, I'm not just gonna brush off having Schultz and Smith potentially as early as mid-season 2025. 

We said exactly this about Gio Cease Kopech Reynoldo 5-6 years ago...except none were consistently aces in Chicago, only Gio for two seasons and Cease for one.

And then Crochet finally for about 3-4 months.

But never in any synchronized way.  It was always just completely haphazard...almost random.

And we couldn't win anything with Sale Q Abreu Eaton alone either.

Edited by caulfield12

I love Grant Taylor, but he has to figure out how to stay healthy first.