Fire Paul Janish

Quin

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

We said exactly this about Gio Cease Kopech Reynoldo 5-6 years ago...except none were consistently aces in Chicago, only Gio for two seasons and Cease for one.

And then Crochet finally for about 3-4 months.

But never in any synchronized way.  It was always just completely haphazard...almost random.

And we couldn't win anything with Sale Q Abreu Eaton alone either.

My advice would be to stop following the team. Being this miserable intentionally makes no sense to me. 

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

I love Grant Taylor, but he has to figure out how to stay healthy first.

For sure. He’s pitching in the AFL 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

My advice would be to stop following the team. Being this miserable intentionally makes no sense to me. 

That's great to hear.  A lat injury for a pitcher scares me more than a TJS.

1 hour ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

My advice since we are all loyal Sox fans is to stop following THIS team but keep watching those past games from  better seasons be it on You Tube or in your own personal collection of VHS tapes and DVD's. 

• Love 1

40 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

My advice since we are all loyal Sox fans is to stop following THIS team but keep watching those past games from  better seasons be it on You Tube or in your own personal collection of VHS tapes and DVD's. 

#FindANewTeam

• Like 1

I got called an asshole but the Mariners are 100% my top team after 35+ years as a Sox fan.  They suck too but I live in the PNW so at least I can watch them for free and their owner/GM don’t seem to completely despise the fan base.  If anyone is ever out in Seattle, T-Mobile Park is pretty awesome, the area is cool, and they do a good joB with the game day experience.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Pretty soon...after another 2-3 years of this, and there won't be any audience left remaining.

The White Sox will be consigned to the dustbin of history, a relic of the past.

And the only recent memories for most young fans will be 2023/24/25/26/27...when they managed to set every possible mark for futility while playing in the poorest division in baseball with a non-expansion team.

32 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Pretty soon...after another 2-3 years of this, and there won't be any audience left remaining.

The White Sox will be consigned to the dustbin of history, a relic of the past.

And the only recent memories for most young fans will be 2023/24/25/26/27...when they managed to set every possible mark for futility while playing in the poorest division in baseball with a non-expansion team.

In another two-three years there could be new ownership on board.

In that case anything can happen. 

8 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I think Grant Taylor is an ace potentially. Mason Adams could be a mid-rotation guy and then lots of #4's but that's still extremely valuable. Also, I'm not just gonna brush off having Schultz and Smith potentially as early as mid-season 2025. 

You work for the Sox, don't you? I don't see any other way an objective observer can be this optimistic. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

You work for the Sox, don't you? I don't see any other way an objective observer can be this optimistic. 

No. If I worked for them, I’d probably be much more pessimistic. Also though, what did I say that wasn’t true? 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, fathom said:

To me, you have the big 3 lefties and then a ton of back-end options.  Their pitching development is clearly better than their hitting development.  Iriarte is gonna struggle in the majors until he improves his command, IMO.

I’d also say we spent a ton of our resources adding pitching prospects. So is it that much better or did we just get a lot more pitchers? 

Regardless Janish absolutely sucks.

On 9/1/2024 at 12:58 PM, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Ok, I take it back. You don't work for the Sox. Because no Sox employee would actually tell fans to stop following the team. Especially when they're getting a couple thousand fans a game most games. Next season is going to be fucking hilarious. I wonder if they can set MLB records for lowest attendance?