8/30/24 Gamethread Miracle Mets at Miracle Max' White Sox 7:10 Central

6 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Getz and Barfield have no idea what an MLB hitter looks like. Until they get fired this team is going nowhere. 

I can't imagine they win more than 60 games until that happens. 

This team could play two full seasons and not even break 81 wins.  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

This team could play two full seasons and not even break 81 wins.  

I know, I shudder to think about just how much worse next season will be. How many Crochet starts did they win? 

Robert isn't going anywhere this winter and if he has another season like this one his option will be declined at the end of next season. 4

9 of their 31 wins were Crochet starts. 

Edited by baseball_gal_aly

10 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

I know, I shudder to think about just how much worse next season will be. How many Crochet starts did they win? 

Robert isn't going anywhere this winter and if he has another season like this one his option will be declined at the end of next season. 4

Robert will be traded

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Robert has been bad, but he is the highest non-pitcher on the roster in WAR.  That’s how bad of a roster they have constructed.  A $20m extension is probably mildly affordable for an everyday CF by 2026 and 2027 even if he’s not great.  

7 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

We won 8 of Fedde’s 21 starts too.  14-73 in games not started by Fedde or Crochet.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Who will give anything decent for him after the season he just had?

I feel like Robert going into 2025 is a lot like Moncada going into 2023. 

Teams know he’s unmotivated being around these minor leaguers.  I actually think he’d be a great acquisition for a team like the Phillies or Mets.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Just turned that game on, ugly finish

2 QBs that looked like they were playing their first game of the season, though the kid for MSU had an excuse, as a true 18 year old.

Ugly game.

1 minute ago, T R U said:

This is going to go down as the worst season in professional sports history. 

I’m fully expecting Crochet, Schultz, Smith and Robert to suffer horrible injuries in the next few weeks.

3 minutes ago, T R U said:

This is going to go down as the worst season in professional sports history. 

The worst season in professional sports history so far. The Sox will likely still be in professional sports next season.

Edited by Milkman delivers