8/30/24 Gamethread Miracle Mets at Miracle Max' White Sox 7:10 Central

2 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

The worst season in professional sports history so far. The Sox will likely still be in professional sports next season.

Cannon opening day starter…can’t wait for Lopez to be leadoff hitter on opening day 

Brothers and sisters, we are somehow on the precipice of 4-34 since the All-Star Break. I quite honestly, didn't even think that was possible in modern day sports.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Who will give anything decent for him after the season he just had?

I feel like Robert going into 2025 is a lot like Moncada going into 2023. 

You think Chris Getz cares about getting quality players in return?  Gotta slash that payroll baby!

1 minute ago, fathom said:

It’s honestly shocking to me that whatever is left of our fan base isn’t more angry about all this.

It’s far worse than that. Anger would mean they care. The (former) fans just do not give a s%*# about the team anymore. It will take a lot of work and several years to win them back.

• Like 2

Just now, Milkman delivers said:

It’s far worse than that. Anger would mean they care. The (former) fans just do not give a s%*# about the team anymore. It will take a lot of work and several years to win them back.

You don’t even see a lot of Sox hats being worn in the suburbs now.  Five months ago, it’s all you saw.  

Sure feels like about a 75% rate of which players leave this organization, and are immediately better afterwards. Pretty obvious there are so many cracks in this organizational foundation, we don't have enough sticks to keep it together.

ReyLo says hey from Atlanta, where he is destroying it, too.

1 minute ago, chetkincaid said:

If you were a sought after free agent, would you want to sign with this organization? I don’t see how they work themselves out of this in the foreseeable future. You can’t even spend your way out of this. 

We all know what we’re waiting for.

• Like 1

Just now, Capn12 said:

Sure feels like about a 75% rate of which players leave this organization, and are immediately better afterwards. Pretty obvious there are so many cracks in this organizational foundation, we don't have enough sticks to keep it together.

ReyLo says hey from Atlanta, where he is destroying it, too.

Lopez looks absolutely awesome.  Super happy for him.

If they screw up the Robert and Crochet returns ... well, there's basically nothing to be excited about until the 2026 Draft.

And young hitters always excite fanbases more exceptions being Gooden Fidrych Valenzuela etc.

Maybe the Dark Knight...Harvey.

3 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

Generations...you mean.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

If you were a sought after free agent, would you want to sign with this organization? I don’t see how they work themselves out of this in the foreseeable future. You can’t even spend your way out of this. 

If I were a top player, the White Sox would have to pay a premium of at least +20% over any team not named the Oakland Athletics.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

You don’t even see a lot of Sox hats being worn in the suburbs now.  Five months ago, it’s all you saw.  

I still wear mine all the time, but I have no shame....actually ordered a new one off 47 today....yes I have a problem.