8/30/24 Gamethread Miracle Mets at Miracle Max' White Sox 7:10 Central

1 minute ago, Rusty said:

If I were a top player, the White Sox would have to pay a premium of at least +20% over any team not named the Oakland Athletics.

And the White Sox almost always want to pay a -20% premium because of cheapass.

1 minute ago, Rusty said:

If I were a top player, the White Sox would have to pay a premium of at least +20% over any team not named the Oakland Athletics.

A’s couldn’t be more exciting at the plate whenever I watch.  Butler is electric, and Rooker’s had a great season.  Even Bleday and Shea are big power threats.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

If they screw up the Robert and Crochet returns ... well, there's basically nothing to be excited about until the 2026 Draft.

And young hitters always excite fanbases more exceptions being Gooden Fidrych Valenzuela etc.

Maybe the Dark Knight...Harvey.

The Robert return can't be screwed up. It's like trading Moncada during the winter of 2022-23 at this point. 

Either he will figure it out and be good next year, and the Sox will get something for him at the TDL or he won't and his option gets declined next fall. 

2 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

The Robert return can't be screwed up. It's like trading Moncada during the winter of 2022-23 at this point. 

Either he will figure it out and be good next year, and the Sox will get something for him at the TDL or he won't and his option gets declined next fall. 

Don’t discount them taking less for Robert this offseason to cut salary 

I feel terrible about my responsibility for the second half.  I got re-married on July 11.  They lost a lot before that but since than…4-42.  Mea maxima culpa.  

3 minutes ago, JTB said:

I feel terrible about my responsibility for the second half.  I got re-married on July 11.  They lost a lot before that but since than…4-42.  Mea maxima culpa.  

Wasn’t enough to just ruin your own life. You had to drag us all down with you.

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

The worst season in professional sports history so far. The Sox will likely still be in professional sports next season.

27 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

Another 1-run game.

15 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Another one run game.

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Screenshot_20240421_152050_Chrome.jpg

C’mon, you guys are stealing my bit.

On this entire homestand they have scored 18 runs...in eight games.

A 10-game home stand one of the longest I can remember in years and they may actually lose every game on it.

I wonder if that's ever happened before for the franchise?

Edited by Lip Man 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

What’s attendance like this year?

I think I saw recently where they were like 26th or 27th in MLB. Averaging about four thousand less than last season.

JR won't have to worry again about having to pay the state money based on the lack of attendance! 😆 (You talk about an incentive NOT to win. How in the world the stadium authority agreed to that clause is beyond me...)

1 hour ago, Milkman delivers said:

The worst season in professional sports history so far. The Sox will likely still be in professional sports next season.

The sad thing is, you’re right. This team will probably be worse next year. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Capn12 said:

And the White Sox almost always want to pay a -20% premium because of cheapass.

Yep.  That’s why they’re destined to suck for a long time.  There’s no real light at the end of the tunnel prospect wise and they’ll never get top free agents.  Especially not like 6-8 too free agents which is the only real way to make this roster mildly competitive in the short team future.  Nothing will happen until Jerry passes and the team is sold.  Even then…they better get the right person because they’re going to have to come in and start throwing around money to get a $300m+ payroll.  The entire system is so bad that, even a few years from now, that’s likely the only way to try and fix it quickly.  They basically need to spend Dodgers type money.

Boy that was a bad game. Pathetic again. That record is beyond belief. I know we've said it before but loss after loss. It's just unbelievable. Reinsdorf is lucky the media is dead. If this were the era with real columnists at the papers he'd be blasted daily. Like the Mariotti era. I bet even Royko woulda went after JR even tho he loves the Cubs.

2 hours ago, fathom said:

I’m grateful for this board because most of my Sox friends don’t even want to talk about the team anymore.  Most just say “let me know when Jerry dies”.

Your friends are intelligent fans and remind me of many posters here.  🫢

3 hours ago, fathom said:

Sheets has one homer the last two months.  DFA him and give Elko a shot.  

How this guy is still getting playing time is beyond me.  How much more do the Sox need to see from Sheets to realize he’s bad?

• Like 1