Golden Domers and more: CFB 2024/25 thread.

How you ND fans feeling about the Ass to Mouth game? My Wolverines meanwhile have a huge week 2 match-up with Texas. Hopefully we get out of the Fresno State game intact.  We've already seen a pretty big upset with GT beating FSU, and thankfully shutting up the arrogant and whiny FSU fanbase that really thinks they had a natty shot had they played Michigan instead of Bama. Ha.

Obviously the B1G has new members, the playoff is expanded to 12. A new era.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

A local team that I follow won a game!  Talkin' 'bout NU.  Five in  a row dating back to 2023.  Congrats to Coach Braun and his guys.  Playing right on the lakefront in a temporary field while Ryan Field is rebuilt.  They are the only local team I want to see playing on the lakefront.  Bears can take their ugly spaceship to Arlington Heights.

• Haha 1

I've always said nobody cheers for the manager or head coach. I was wrong, after listening to him speak in person a few times I started paying attention to UTSA football. He's been an amazing recruiter and hell of a nice guy. Bonus he was a Texas High School coach. 

• Like 1

On 8/31/2024 at 4:57 PM, Stinky Stanky said:

A local team that I follow won a game!  Talkin' 'bout NU.  Five in  a row dating back to 2023.  Congrats to Coach Braun and his guys.  Playing right on the lakefront in a temporary field while Ryan Field is rebuilt.  They are the only local team I want to see playing on the lakefront.  Bears can take their ugly spaceship to Arlington Heights.

It's crazy NU agreed to that arrangement. Looks almost like a HS field. That said, the B1G kicked ass this weekend other than the Golden Rodents so congrats to NU.

Nice win for ND although most advanced metrics have A&M somewhere around a back end top 25 team a road win against a top 25 team is a solid victory.

Michigan offense struggled and puzzling sub patterns. It's almost like the treated it as a scrimmage. We'll see what happens this week.

FSU, lol. 2nd time they've gone from top 10 to unranked in the last 10 years. Yikes.

DJU is just atrocious. That interception has got to be a top 5 worst decision I've seen a qb make up there with the orlovsky safety.

I'm excited for Mizzou, but week 1 made me nervous. Even vandy looked good. Gonna be a brutal schedule this year.

If anyone watched NU/Duke, can you believe  the play call that cost NU the game in OT?  3rd and 1 from the 3 and Coach calls a QB sweep!  Naturally it lost 10 yards and cost them the game. Pulled defeat out of the jaws of a likely victory.

On 8/31/2024 at 6:57 PM, Stinky Stanky said:

Where are NIU's home games?

Big Ten other than OSU and maybe Nebraska or Illinois...

Typical conservative Ferentz played not to lose...even if it was 20-20 (went for two early), wouldn't have scored if they kept playing for hours.

Defense disappointed and the days of speaking into B10 championship games only to get smoked is over.

Edited by caulfield12

38 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

Don’t worry, it’s Notre Dame. They’ll still get into the playoffs somehow.

Fortunately for them the field is expanded to 12 this season, but this is not good!  Lol

Hey everyone! Laugh at Notre Dame being over hyped again and losing at home to a MAC team!

Definitely don’t worry about any big ten teams who are playing like crap the season after winning a natty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian said:

Hey everyone! Laugh at Notre Dame being over hyped again and losing at home to a MAC team!

Definitely don’t worry about any big ten teams who are playing like crap the season after winning a natty.

And this is why ND gets it.  

It's been over 24 years and that ND game has to be the worst loss in school history, at least since I've been a fan and watching (2004). I was beside myself angry after that game, I try not to let my fandom bleed over into my real life but apparently, I was absolutely no fun to be around at a friend's party last night lol. I think I might've turned off some girl I've been talking to lol...

The only coach I don't hold responsible is the D coordinator but did Freeman, the OC, and players not take NIU seriously? The game also exposed ND's short comings at QB and WR, they struggled to recruit impact players at those positions for years, the NIU QB and WR's easily outplayed them. You can't be an elite program when your skill players are being outplayed by their MAC counterparts. I also don't get why they abandoned the running game down the stretch.

Their season is over. Very disappointing when you consider all the moves they made and all the hype after the A&M game.