Golden Domers and more: CFB 2024/25 thread.

2 hours ago, Stinky Stanky said:

I only just looked at the highlights on YouTube but all those Domer faces as the game ended, wow.  Does a heart good.

I don't know if I've ever been happier with a college football game, even Mizzou's bowl win last year.

Mods know, but my dad passed away in July (I think the ill wishes against JR got sent to the wrong Jerry). He was an NIU alum, so I pulled for NIU growing up.

He also loathed Notre Dame. He would have been so unbelievably happy. My aunt (also alum) and I were hollering on the phone together. My mom said it made her cry.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

8 hours ago, Quin said:

I don't know if I've ever been happier with a college football game, even Mizzou's bowl win last year.

Mods know, but my dad passed away in July (I think the ill wishes against JR got sent to the wrong Jerry). He was an NIU alum, so I pulled for NIU growing up.

He also loathed Notre Dame. He would have been so unbelievably happy. My aunt (also alum) and I were hollering on the phone together. My mom said it made her cry.

I don't actually hate the University itself.   I know some South Bend folks and the place means a lot to them.  But the athletics and fans are a different story.