Iriarte up tomorrow

40 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Don’t agree with wasting mlb service time, especially this year 

Yeah, I am not sure I understand the strategy.  I know these guys have to get MLB experience sooner or later but the Sox simply don’t have enough talent on the offensive side to get things jump started yet.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Yeah, I am not sure I understand the strategy.  I know these guys have to get MLB experience sooner or later but the Sox simply don’t have enough talent on the offensive side to get things jump started yet.

1) Needs anything to fire up the fanbase

2) With Thorpe hurt, Zavala hitting .186 and Wilson being horrible, and Miguel Vargas being New Maldonado, Getz needs to show fans that he can be trusted to get something in return for an ace pitcher before he deals Crochet this summer.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Quin said:

2) With Thorpe hurt, Zavala hitting .186 and Wilson being horrible, and Miguel Vargas being New Maldonado, Getz needs to show fans that he can be trusted to get something in return for an ace pitcher before he deals Crochet this summer.

Berroa was more of a gas can too.

Just seeks of desperation to avoid the loss record...but also musical chairs with Charlotte and Birmingham rosters.

Where's our Hodge?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Quin said:

Yeah, they're bringing Iriarte up to appease the 18 fans who even know who he is. Some of you guys need to touch grass.

In reality, they're probably getting his feet wet in hopes that he pitches well, has a good Spring and might be able to fill a back end starter role next year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, flavum said:

Will be the 40th player to make his Sox debut this season. 27 was the previous franchise record. And will be the 61st player used overall- also a franchise record. But Getz and company are doing a bang up job. 

Pretty sure we'll have more pitchers used than team wins in 2024

• Paper Bag 1

59 minutes ago, flavum said:

Will be the 40th player to make his Sox debut this season. 27 was the previous franchise record. And will be the 61st player used overall- also a franchise record. But Getz and company are doing a bang up job. 

Literally nobody is saying Getz is doing a bang up job - literally nobody. A handful of us realize he took over the very worst situation possible. He took over a team where every single asset failed other than Cease and Lopez. He took over a team with a notoriously bad owner, hardly any MLB assets and a bad farm. What's he supposed to do? I wish we had a different GM, but I'm not going to hate Getz for the Sox situation. 

• Like 1
  • Paper Bag 1

35 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

feet wet? is that a euphemism for drowning

because this might as well be EP 1 of twin peaks

He's just getting his feet wet.

Sucks that he's diving head first

1 hour ago, TaylorStSox said:

Literally nobody is saying Getz is doing a bang up job - literally nobody. A handful of us realize he took over the very worst situation possible. He took over a team where every single asset failed other than Cease and Lopez. He took over a team with a notoriously bad owner, hardly any MLB assets and a bad farm. What's he supposed to do? I wish we had a different GM, but I'm not going to hate Getz for the Sox situation. 

It’s anti-Reinsdorf

I was in the car tonight and got the postgame show on Sirius. The announcer (McKnight maybe?) was saying, get this, the plan is to have him pitch one inning in relief every 3-5 days. He'll start and finish the inning. He won't inherit any baserunners. The announcer stressed all season he's been a starter.

So I don't get this. Why make him a reliever now?? As much as I hate openers if he HAS to pitch just one inning, make him the damn opener. He better not get hurt suddenly becoming a reliever. The announcer on postgame said he's had problems 'some games' walking people. Other games he's hardly walked any. He was in the Cease deal I think so he better be good!

Anybody else disagree with how the Sox are handling his role? One inning max, a clean inning in relief at some point in the game.

Edited by greg775
  • Like 1