Iriarte up tomorrow

I get the point of getting prospects some MLB experience in garbage time but…this team is historically bad.  Is calling up a guy like Iriarte even a net positive?  Vargas looks like a sad puppy, Robert seems checked out,  Moncada apparently doesn’t even want to play and is just going to coast out the season with “rehab.”  I don’t care what the beat writers say, the clubhouse has to be a mess.  I’ve never been on an organized athletic team quite this bad, but I have been on some underperforming groups and it’s not fun for anyone.  I’d prefer to keep the top prospects as far away as possible from Jerry, Getz, and the MLB team.

Edited by Rusty

14 hours ago, flavum said:

Will be the 40th player to make his Sox debut this season. 27 was the previous franchise record. And will be the 61st player used overall- also a franchise record. But Getz and company are doing a bang up job. 

This is insane.  61 players in a single season?  Holy hell.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TaylorStSox said:

Literally nobody is saying Getz is doing a bang up job - literally nobody. A handful of us realize he took over the very worst situation possible. He took over a team where every single asset failed other than Cease and Lopez. He took over a team with a notoriously bad owner, hardly any MLB assets and a bad farm. What's he supposed to do? I wish we had a different GM, but I'm not going to hate Getz for the Sox situation. 

Who was the previous Director of Player Development again?

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Rusty said:

I get the point of getting prospects some MLB experience in garbage time but…this team is historically bad.  Is calling up a guy like Iriarte even a net positive?  Vargas looks like a sad puppy, Robert seems checked out,  Moncada apparently doesn’t even want to play and is just going to coast out the season with “rehab.”  I don’t care what the beat writers say, the clubhouse has to be a mess.  I’ve never been on an organized athletic team quite this bad, but I have been on some underperforming groups and it’s not fun for anyone.  I’d prefer to keep the top prospects as far away as possible from Jerry, Getz, and the MLB team.

This is probably more like they really have no one else they like or care about.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rusty said:

Who was the previous Director of Player Development again?

Fair point to make, and he will need to find good people in the organization to work with talent, but with this organization the overwhelming issue is base talent. Nobody in this organization has been placed in a situation to look good 

1 hour ago, Rusty said:

Oh yeah. Keep the prospects away. No idea why a decision-maker would willingly put a prospect anywhere near the big club. But Jerry, Getz and the MLB are unfortunately going nowhere. Especially Jerry. I can’t wait to buy out that coach-killing POS Moncada. He has symbolized everything I hate about the Sox, but there are a lot of symbols, that being said. 

I like the move. Iriarte is on the 40 man already. He either has to go to Charlotte to get used to the mlb ball or be in mlb. Results don’t matter. It’s barely any service time. Give the kid some experience so he knows what to work on in the offseason. If there’s one the Sox have it’s garbage time innings to fill.

8 minutes ago, Rusty said:

I’m so waiting for Sizemore to put him into the top of the 9th in a 0-1 game.  Please tell me he’s going to do it.

Why would he do that when Justin Anderson can give up a run in every single close game after the All Star break?

• Haha 1
  • Paper Bag 1