8/31 Sox vs. Metropolitans 6:10PM

Honest question because I’m too lazy to go through the box scores.  When is the last time the Sox have scored a run in the 7th, 8th, or 9th innings?  It certainly seems like they score a couple early and the bats go silent for the remainder of the game.

8 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Honest question because I’m too lazy to go through the box scores.  When is the last time the Sox have scored a run in the 7th, 8th, or 9th innings?  It certainly seems like they score a couple early and the bats go silent for the remainder of the game.

Benintendi hit a meaningless homer in the 9th on Thursday.  Prior to that they scored in the 8th on Monday.  

That is honestly insane.  Lenyn Sosa got on base 18 times in the month of August and not a single one of these sorry ass hitters on this roster was able to drive him in a single time.  How the f*** does Chris Getz have a job?  That is a great find.

• Fire 1

23 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

That is honestly insane.  Lenyn Sosa got on base 18 times in the month of August and not a single one of these sorry ass hitters on this roster was able to drive him in a single time.  How the f*** does Chris Getz have a job?  That is a great find.

Because we deserve a quick fix

• Like 1
  • Paper Bag 1

Tomorrow they'll set the franchise record for losses AND record their third double-digit losing streak of the season AND go 0-10 on the homestand.

That's called a triple crown of ineptitude!

• Fire 1

13 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

The only good news I get out of any of this is, this keeps screwing over the Cubs who are red hot, beating up on garbage teams, but can't gain any ground in the Wild Card race. 

They’ve gained 2.5 on the Braves in the last week.  Dbacks are in trouble also with a ridiculously hard schedule.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

They’ve gained 2.5 on the Braves in the last week.  Dbacks are in trouble also with a ridiculously hard schedule.

As of today Cubs have a 5% chance of making the post season. That's UP from 3% at the end of July. 

They'll finish with a winning record but they aren't going to the postseason. (Fingers crossed) 

Edited by Lip Man 1
  • Fire 1

4 hours ago, DoUEvenShift said:

4.5 with Braves losing to Phillies at the moment with Wheeler pitching. A Sox win today or tomorrow would help the Cubs greatly. 

You know, our Sox are so bad I hope the Cubs make the playoffs. Anything to try to embarrass Reinsdorf. He probably won't be embarrassed and the media is pretty much ignoring the awfulness of the team so I hope the Cubs make it. This season and last and the current state of a double tank has changed my mindset so much as a Sox fan. I sort of hate the team and whole organization now while recognizing I was born a Sox fan and will never divorce completely.

• Like 1