8/31 Sox vs. Metropolitans 6:10PM

2 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Tomorrow they'll set the franchise record for losses AND record their third double-digit losing streak of the season AND go 0-10 on the homestand.

That's called a triple crown of ineptitude!

Are you kidding me?? Have we really lost 9 in a row again?? And we might have an 0-10 homestand? This is beyond belief. The entire season a total Ripley Believe it Or Not episode.

6 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

As of today Cubs have a 5% chance of making the post season. That's UP from 3% at the end of July. 

They'll finish with a winning record but they aren't going to the postseason. (Fingers crossed) 

We have so many more things to be worried about than the Flubs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

I’m more worried about the Flubs than those other things.  Those other things will never work themselves out so why worry?

Mainly because I’ve been a Sox fan since 1952 and they are still part of my DNA and what we have gone through the last 2 years is just gut wrenching.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Colorado in June. 😂 They might go the entire 2nd half and lose every series.  🤣

They’ve only won 4 fucking games in the second half.  Their longest winning “streak” is 1.  Winning a series…😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

38 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

That's a group of kids, probably a team or charity organization, likely with their parents. They aren't Mets fans

It is a group or organization, but they are Mets fans. Met logo guy on their shirt and they all stood up and cheered when Winker hit the homer in the first. Several of them wearing Mets jerseys/hats. Looks like 2 lone Sox fans in the bunch

mets2.jpg

Two guys in the lineup sub .400 ops.  Not a single hitter over .680.  I know MLB would never intervene on a team basis, but the Sox are so bad that the league will have to come up with some sort of new rules to maintain the competitive balance.  If not this off-season, then next offseason after the Sox lose 120+ for two years in a row.

Apparently Soxfest is on for the last weekend in January. But it’s “reimagined”. I guess that means it will all be a celebration of the 20th anniversary of the championship. Also, the 125th anniversary of the franchise with an emphasis on the good things that happened during the JR era. They will probably throw a lot of new stadium at the attendees,  I would doubt the Sox front office will face the music.

31 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

It is a group or organization, but they are Mets fans. Met logo guy on their shirt and they all stood up and cheered when Winker hit the homer in the first. Several of them wearing Mets jerseys/hats. Looks like 2 lone Sox fans in the bunch

mets2.jpg

After a little further Sherlock Holmesing, it's a group of traveling Mets fans known as The 7-Line Army

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_7_Line_Army

• Quin locked this topic