9/1 GT - Mets at Sox (1:10pm CT)

Have woke up and decided I want to inflict some torturous White Sox baseball on my Cubs fan wife and our three children.  This will be my third and likely final game of the season, all of which will have been started by Crochet, with the previous games both ending in losses.  Can the Sox pull off win #32 today or will this be the first season in like 30 years in which I did not witness a win in person?  Can’t wait to find out!  Go Sox!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Have woke up and decided I want to inflict some torturous White Sox baseball on my Cubs fan wife and our three children.  This will be my third and likely final game of the season, all of which will have been started by Crochet, with the previous games both ending in losses.  Can the Sox pull off win #32 today or will this be the first season in like 30 years in which I did not witness a win in person?  Can’t wait to find out!  Go Sox!

That's 3 more than me.  I just can't. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Kids already whining about having to watch the “sucky” White Sox.  I’m holding strong…experiencing a team this bad helps build character and will make them realize the dangers of wealthy senior citizens with unchecked power.

Tell them they can witness history.  The Sox 107th loss of the season.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Rusty said:

Sosa batting 3rd?  They have to be actively trolling the fans.

Sosa shouldn’t even be on the team much less batting third. All this losing has gotten to Sizemore, his brain is pickled.

1 hour ago, JoeC said:

These numbers need some sort of a theme at this point, no?

What good food establishments are on (of just off of) 107th?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

Two guys in the lineup sub .400 ops.  Not a single hitter over .680.  I know MLB would never intervene on a team basis, but the Sox are so bad that the league will have to come up with some sort of new rules to maintain the competitive balance.  If not this off-season, then next offseason after the Sox lose 120+ for two years in a row.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Two guys in the lineup sub .400 ops.  Not a single hitter over .680.  I know MLB would never intervene on a team basis, but the Sox are so bad that the league will have to come up with some sort of new rules to maintain the competitive balance.  If not this off-season, then next offseason after the Sox lose 120+ for two years in a row.

It’s going to be interesting to see how bad the anti-tanking rules ultimately f*** us.  A lot easier to rebuild quickly when you have top two or three bonus pools to work with for several years in a row.  And with Jerry not acting like a large market owner and a potentially incompetent front office, it’s within the realm of possibly that we are never a serious playoff threat for the duration of Jerry’s life.

Every single hitter in the Mets lineup is currently .680+ OPS.  Sox don’t have one…

I don’t care how bad of a situation Getz stepped into.  Thats dogshit.

Edited by Rusty
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It’s going to be interesting to see how bad the anti-tanking rules ultimately f*** us.  A lot easier to rebuild quickly when you have top two or three bonus pools to work with for several years in a row.  And with Jerry not acting like a large market owner and a potentially incompetent front office, it’s within the realm of possibly that we are never a serious playoff threat for the duration of Jerry’s life.

Jerry too busy with his new network and helping turn the United Center area into what he wants the 78 to be which is a sports complex with affordable (ha) housing and sports entertainment mega site. That's why he's been buying up all the parking lots around the UC and partnering with the Wirtz's.

1 minute ago, Rusty said:

Every single hitter in the Mets lineup is currently .680+ OPS.  Sox don’t have one…

I don’t care how bad of a situation Getz stepped into.  Thats dogshit.

Yeah I don’t want to hear any excuses for Getz, his roster construction is a huge part of why this is about to be record setting bad. 

• Like 1

• Quin pinned this topic
1 hour ago, Rusty said:

100 million dollar payroll next year, what kind of lineups will we see in 2025.