9/1 GT - Mets at Sox (1:10pm CT)

9 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

100 million dollar payroll next year, what kind of lineups will we see in 2025.

I hope people realize that a $100 million payroll means we have about $30 to $35 million to spend, even if Benitendi is still on this roster.

12 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I hope people realize that a $100 million payroll means we have about $30 to $35 million to spend, even if Benitendi is still on this roster.

Assuming they decline Stassi and Moncada, I see 12 current 26 man players under contract.  $30-35m doesn’t go very far.  I expect total payroll to be closer to $80m…

Just now, Rusty said:

Assuming they decline Stassi and Moncada, I see 12 current 26 man players under contract.  $30-35m doesn’t go very far.  I expect total payroll to be closer to $80m…

That would include their buyouts, but Robert's return.

1 hour ago, Rusty said:

Every single hitter in the Mets lineup is currently .680+ OPS.  Sox don’t have one…

I don’t care how bad of a situation Getz stepped into.  Thats dogshit.

People try really hard to bury the fact he was the minor league director.  In the Sox organization there is no accountability. 

• Like 2

Just now, kitekrazy said:

People try really hard to bury the fact he was the minor league director.  In the Sox organization there is no accountability. 

Or even more so that a lot of the present problems happened while he was in charge, and that everything wasn't everyone else's fault.

• Like 2

Just now, fathom said:

Sox offense is on par with the Cubs offense, right

I just remember the good ole days.  When we argued about who was the better SS, Javy or TA.  What a delusional trip that was 🤣

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rusty said:

I just remember the good ole days.  When we argued about who was the better SS, Javy or TA.  What a delusional trip that was 🤣

Or Robert was easily better than PCA.   There isn’t a single Sox player that would start for them.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Or Robert was easily better than PCA.   There isn’t a single Sox player that would start for them.

I would take Robert in a heartbeat over PCA.  Robert doesn’t have single legitimate hitter to provide him protection and is playing for the worst team in baseball history.  Put him on a competitive club and I’d wager serious money he’s back to his normal star self.

• Like 2

Wow the Mets had a pitcher go 7 innings. Holy bleep. That's unheard of in modern baseball. I see we have two hits and Vaughn is an oh-fer so far again. What is wrong with Vaughn? He had climbed to close to .250. Now he's cascading downward.

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

Wow the Mets had a pitcher go 7 innings. Holy bleep. That's unheard of in modern baseball. I see we have two hits and Vaughn is an oh-fer so far again. What is wrong with Vaughn? He had climbed to close to .250. Now he's cascading downward.

He simply sucks?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Getz needs to be one and done, you lose 120 games you get fired, idc if it's your first year. It's like going 0-17 in the NFL, it happens you get fired regardless of how long you've been there. 

We all knew the record would be legendary when we saw the final roster. I coulda sworn I picked us to win in the 40s.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Getz needs to be one and done, you lose 120 games you get fired, idc if it's your first year. It's like going 0-17 in the NFL, it happens you get fired regardless of how long you've been there. 

Any other organization in sports would have fired him.  This is a total organizational collapse.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Any other organization in sports would have fired him.  This is a total organizational collapse.

I know, there isn't even much hope in the minors outside Schultz/Hagens. The best the Sox have otherwise are run of the mill pitching prospects that every team has. Every team has a Thorpe and Iriarte. 

There has been a complete organizational collapse in the position player dept. 

Edited by baseball_gal_aly
  • Like 1