9/1 GT - Mets at Sox (1:10pm CT)

That was awesome.  I’m not going to lie.  I took great pleasure in the Mets striking out the side as Sox’ players flailed at down and away sliders to end the game.  Best game of the season so far IMO.  I laughed harder at this over the last three hours vs. any comedy movie that I can remember.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Any other organization in sports would have fired him.  This is a total organizational collapse.

Not sticking up for Getz, but the Sox went 12 years without winning a division under Williams/Hahn, and that didn't seem to bother JR.

1 minute ago, Highland said:

Not sticking up for Getz, but the Sox went 12 years without winning a division under Williams/Hahn, and that didn't seem to bother JR.

But did they ever set the record for most losses in MLB history?  They just tied the franchise record with almost a month to go.

• Like 1

Holy bleep. We get shutout in tribute to Ozzie's old Sunday lineups. Ozzie's only flaw as skipper in my book. The Sunday lineup.

Mets have to be going: 'My gosh we heard about how lifeless that ballclub is ... that sweep was so easy."

I can't believe we've lost 10 in a row again. I forget how high the other losing streaks reached. Would be neat to go 18 in a row this time.

5 minutes ago, JoeC said:

Has any team had three separate 10+ game losing streaks in one season in any sport?

They posted it that last time that was done was 1965 by the Mets.

these guys just don’t care, 0 and 10 on the home stand is another record.

i know they suck but i would just throw low and outside sliders all game and no hit the Sox. Too easy

Edited by NWsideSoxfan
  • Like 3
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Losing shouldn’t be this easy.  You could easily tell me some on this team are losing on purpose and I would be like “makes sense”.

I'd love to see a stat from the advanced metrics lovers if they could get it for me. I've noticed the Sox really go down quickly in the 9th inning of games. I'd like average amount of seconds, or minutes, and amount of pitches it's taken to dispose of the Sox in the 9th. I guarantee you they are amazing stat figures. It doesn't take long to finish off the Sox in the 9th.

3 hours ago, JoeC said:

These numbers need some sort of a theme at this point, no?

What good food establishments are on (of just off of) 107th?

That's be a fun activity; 107th Street establishments, then 108th st, then 109th. Or what's located on those blocks anyway.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rusty said:

But did they ever set the record for most losses in MLB history?  They just tied the franchise record with almost a month to go.

Yes, but there was a 99-loss season and a 100-loss season. JR just doesn't care.

5 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Holy bleep. We get shutout in tribute to Ozzie's old Sunday lineups. Ozzie's only flaw as skipper in my book. The Sunday lineup.

Mets have to be going: 'My gosh we heard about how lifeless that ballclub is ... that sweep was so easy."

I can't believe we've lost 10 in a row again. I forget how high the other losing streaks reached. Would be neat to go 18 in a row this time.

Buddy, have you seen the Monday through Saturday lineups?  Wake up already, it’s all bad

• Like 1

I can remember sitting in Old Comiskey watching the 1970 team lose 106. They weren't nowhere near this bad. At least owner John Allyn had one excuse. He didn't have a lot of money and he did what he could to keep the franchise from collapsing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, greg775 said:

That's be a fun activity; 107th Street establishments, then 108th st, then 109th. Or what's located on those blocks anyway.

Would be more fun than the game.

11 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Buddy, have you seen the Monday through Saturday lineups?  Wake up already, it’s all bad

Yeah, I just wanted to dedicate today's lifeless effort to the day's of "Ozzie Sunday."

15 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I'd love to see a stat from the advanced metrics lovers if they could get it for me. I've noticed the Sox really go down quickly in the 9th inning of games. I'd like average amount of seconds, or minutes, and amount of pitches it's taken to dispose of the Sox in the 9th. I guarantee you they are amazing stat figures. It doesn't take long to finish off the Sox in the 9th.

That isn't advanced,  nor a metric.