9/1 GT - Mets at Sox (1:10pm CT)

12 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

All you can do as a fan is hope to be around for new ownership. 

Oferring prayers for Jerry's golden parachute on Labor Day.

• Fire 1

8 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I know better than to continue this conversation but you do know he doesn't make decisions on his own. He takes info and makes a decision based on whose opinion he trusts the most.

You're also not fully aware of every offer he's had. But telling the fan base they are ignorant and trying to rationalize what's going on means nothing and doesn't go over well. Ok so you know someone recommended Fletcher over Jake McCarthy. He listened allegedly to a guy he hired.

Vargas 1.000 OPS guy in the minors you'd think he could get a .700 OPS automatically. It's not like pitchers don't make mistakes in the big leagues.  So we've establshed he doesn't know talent, great!  Now what ?

What makes you think even if Reinsdorf fired him things would be any different with the next inexperienced guy he can control ?

You do know Reinsdorf is trying to build a sports empire for his kids in Chicago and it may not include the White Sox.

You can hire and fire GMs , managers , scouts , fire em all ,replace them all, but nothing changes until the Sox are sold.

I get the whole as long as JR is in charge nothing will change bit, and  for the most part it’s true. But someone else may have focused on someone other than Vargas. Someone else may have selected McCarthy instead of Fletcher. Right there you’re a little better off. The question I would have for you is  if JR wasn’t the owner and the Sox were 31-107, what do you think Getzs fate would be? If it’s a goner, wouldn’t that make it the correct move? The last 12 seasons, the Sox have the second worst record in baseball. There needs to be huge change to get the stink out of the organization,

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

You do know that as GM Getz is responsible for hiring the guys he trusts to give him info.  It’s not like he’s helpless and has to go find guys he trusts at the corner saloon.

He might have had more luck at the corner saloon, because whatever this was sure didn't work.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

But it would waste a year. Look at what’s been accomplished this year.

what kills me is this fan base couldn't wait to fire Renteria for screwing up the pitching rotation heading into the playoffs, and it's been a black hole ever since, they don't need to spend huge in free agency, money would be better spent on player developement, you want proof, try Montgomery's 140 K's in AAA

10 minutes ago, kgrittenburg said:

what kills me is this fan base couldn't wait to fire Renteria for screwing up the pitching rotation heading into the playoffs, and it's been a black hole ever since, they don't need to spend huge in free agency, money would be better spent on player developement, you want proof, try Montgomery's 140 K's in AAA

Signing Harper would not have hurt.

1 hour ago, kgrittenburg said:

The issue wasn't firing Renteria. It was hiring the hasbeen drunk shortly thereafter