Fire Everyone Except Jason Gilliam

Texsox

After a less than careful review of the Sox organization I can find only one guy that really stands out for consistently having his guys ready to win. They look confident, they look ready, and they deliver and that's due to the diligent efforts of Jason Gilliam, the visiting team clubhouse manager. 

Here's to you Jason! This season wouldn't be as memorable without your professionalism and attention to detail. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

19 hours ago, Chick Mercedes said:

You could still keep the guy or gal working on the menu at the ballpark. Ashamed to say I have been there to indulge.

There is no shame in enjoying a Cuban Comet sandwich. I'm a little disappointed in myself for not stopping by to indulge at all this season.

• Thanks 1
  • Paper Bag 1

On 9/1/2024 at 1:22 PM, Chick Mercedes said:

You could still keep the guy or gal working on the menu at the ballpark. Ashamed to say I have been there to indulge.

I just discovered the emparogi. 5 pierogi covered with bacon and braised short ribs. I agree with keep9ng the food menu people.

• Like 2
  • Paper Bag 1

12 hours ago, wegner said:

There is no shame in enjoying a Cuban Comet sandwich. I'm a little disappointed in myself for not stopping by to indulge at all this season.

For what it costs you to go to the park and indulge in whatever food you're desiring, you could go out for a great steak dinner....

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

For what it costs you to go to the park and indulge in whatever food you're desiring, you could go out for a great steak dinner....

I prefer the sandwich, but that's just me.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Paulie4Pres said:

I still enjoy baseball in person. I watch mostly high school and some college. I usually see a couple Missions (Padres AA) games each season. I know if I was living in Chicago I would have been to a few games. I'm not going to allow JR and Getz to ruin my enjoyment of baseball. 

• Love 1

26 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I still enjoy baseball in person. I watch mostly high school and some college. I usually see a couple Missions (Padres AA) games each season. I know if I was living in Chicago I would have been to a few games. I'm not going to allow JR and Getz to ruin my enjoyment of baseball. 

Agreed. Went to an independentleague game over the weekend as well. Baseball games are just fun and enjoyable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ll never fault people for going to games. I had season tickets over 30 years so I’ve paid to watch my fair share of bad baseball. And I understand the love of being there. Maybe that’s faded for me a bit. I used to go 65-75 times a year. Last year was the first year I gave up my tickets. I went to around 20 games. This year I have gone to 1 game. In. Milwaukee. I’m at the point where I cannot give JR my money for this crap. I just can’t. I still watch most of the games, but at least I get my time spent traveling to and from back. My company has tickets to all the pro teams in town and occassionally has a raffle when they are available. They are all primo. The other day, the White Sox were the first where no one was interested. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I went opening day to keep the streak alive from 1988.

I am not certain I even care about the White Sox any longer.  I have decreased my season tickets from 162 in the early 2000s down to 10 game plans recently and have nothing this year and not certain I care to even step foot in the stadium next year.

What is sad is this was something that was really a part of my life.  I loved the White Sox now I am not certain I even like them.  I no longer care even if they were a .500 team.

To be the worst team in the history of baseball in what should be your window after the rebuild has broken me as a fan.

I have two sons in their 20s and they were fans but they seem to no longer care.

Chasing the carrot that JR used to put out there worked.  Whatever this is now has broken me and most folks I know.  I was your typical southside born, raised and reside blue collar Sox fan as was my whole circle.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I’ll never fault people for going to games. I had season tickets over 30 years so I’ve paid to watch my fair share of bad baseball. And I understand the love of being there. Maybe that’s faded for me a bit. I used to go 65-75 times a year. Last year was the first year I gave up my tickets. I went to around 20 games. This year I have gone to 1 game. In. Milwaukee. I’m at the point where I cannot give JR my money for this crap. I just can’t. I still watch most of the games, but at least I get my time spent traveling to and from back. My company has tickets to all the pro teams in town and occassionally has a raffle when they are available. They are all primo. The other day, the White Sox were the first where no one was interested. 

I agree. Everyone's Fandom is their own. I've have a partial season ticket package for over 20 years and family bears tickets since they were at Wrigley. I've sent a lot of losing. But neither has kept me from enjoy the sports and enjoying going to games, even though going to many at all levels has been part of the job as well.