Goose Creek SC School

LowerCaseRepublican

Saw this on SSDP today...

goose.jpg

WASHINGTON, D.C. - On Wednesday, fourteen Goose Creek police officers occupied Stratford High School in Berkeley County, South Carolina. Police stormed the school and detained 107 students at gunpoint, demanding they lie on the ground and submit to an extensive search involving drug-sniffing dogs. No drugs were found.

Parents and students expressed disbelief, outrage, and frustration at school Principal George McCrackin, who not only ordered the raid but also maintains it was a "valuable experience" for the students.

This is why I have trouble with the terms "liberal" and "conservative". This conservative doesn't find anything cool about the incident in Berkeley Co. SC is supposed to be a "bible belt" type state but from what I gather initial reaction to this raid is none too favorable. There are ways to do this without coming in like the SS. Shame. If I was a parent in this district they have no idea the rage that would descend upon them.

This is why I have trouble with the terms "liberal" and "conservative". This conservative doesn't find anything cool about the incident in Berkeley Co. SC is supposed to be a "bible belt" type state but from what I gather initial reaction to this raid is none too favorable. There are ways to do this without coming in like the SS. Shame. If I was a parent in this district they have no idea the rage that would descend upon them.

I totally agree. It's unacceptable behavior on so many people's parts. (see: abuse of power by the police)

I remember locker searches back in the day when I was in junior high school. One time the cops came and searched a kid's locker and found some weed, and second time rumors were flying that a kid was going to shoot his dad and they searched his locker and found a revolver.

so........Kids are definitely capable of doing wrong, however, a police raid?? uh...you know who the bad kids are, you can surprise them with a random locker check, but Operation Dumbo-drop? yikes. who picked up the over time tab for THOSE cops paychecks? :bang