Thorpe season ending bone spur surgery in elbow

fathom

Don't know if this is related to the dreaded "forearm soreness" or not. 

If it is, this is actually good news, because it means TJS isn't in the short term forecast.

But it is interesting that the MRI's they did, and the Sox publicly stated there was nothing wrong with the UCL, how could they not see a bone spur?

And why did it take them weeks to find it?

Perhaps the trainers/doctors on the site can explain this. 

• Like 2

• southsider2k5 changed the title to Thorpe season ending bone spur surgery in elbow

Ready by ST from an easy fix. 

Fans of championship organizations will feel optimistic and believe their superiority in everything will result in the best possible outcome. 

We know he'll never pitch again. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Don't know if this is related to the dreaded "forearm soreness" or not. 

If it is, this is actually good news, because it means TJS isn't in the short term forecast.

But it is interesting that the MRI's they did, and the Sox publicly stated there was nothing wrong with the UCL, how could they not see a bone spur?

And why did it take them weeks to find it?

Perhaps the trainers/doctors on the site can explain this. 

There is no explanation.  A bone spur should be readily identifiable on a standard physical for an MLB player.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Fans of championship organizations will feel optimistic and believe their superiority in everything will result in the best possible outcome. 

Sad but true. Everything is negative with this organization, everything they do turns to s%*#.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

So they had Thorpe throwing with a bone spur?  That's interesting.

If they knew and let him pitch anyway that's as bad as mismanaging Robert to the point he was swinging with one hand. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

If they knew and let him pitch anyway that's as bad as mismanaging Robert to the point he was swinging with one hand. 

I mean either they didn't know it was there, or they put him on a throwing program a couple of weeks ago with a bone spur.

2 hours ago, Texsox said:

See the mysterious decline of Erik Johnson.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

So they had him throwing with a bone spur.  This is the absolute stupidest organization in baseball, and they just find new ways to prove it.

The medical, training and conditioning staffs are just as incompetent, dysfunctional and inept as the other departments. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, zisk said:

Best part is he'll have months before having to throw hard. Our luck has been as terrible as our management team.

Maybe we'll catch a break this time.

"Luck is the residue of design" --- Branch Rickey 

I can’t fucking believe they knew about the bone spur and had him throwing.  This makes zero sense.  I can’t believe his agent didn’t shut it down.  This is literally the most incompetent thing I have heard from this organization and that isn’t exactly a high bar…. This is fucking insane.

Edited by Rusty
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Paper Bag 1

37 minutes ago, Rusty said:

I can’t fucking believe they one about the bone spur and had him throwing.  This makes zero sense.  I can’t believe his agent didn’t shut it down.  This is literally the most incompetent thing I have heard from this organization and that isn’t exactly a high bar…. This is fucking insane.

I’ve heard worse

• Paper Bag 1