9/2 GT - Sox vs. Orioles 2:05 CT

Rusty

Just now, soxfan49 said:

Aside from being terrible at baseball, is something the matter with Nicky Lopez?

He never had a chance at the runner going to second, should have taken the sure out at first. You can be bad but don’t be dumb.

22 minutes ago, oldsox said:

What are the chances Flexen is on this team next year?  He is arb eligible in 2025.  Paid $1.75mm this year.  Sox wouldn't, would they?

They pretty much gor what they paid for.  He stayed healthy and ate innings every 5 days.  That's what you get for under 2 mil.

13 minutes ago, fathom said:

I don’t think it’s possible to have less power in a big league lineup.  It’s like we have 9 Getz’s in the lineup.

That’s what JR wanted.  A lineup of David Eckstein’s.  He loves “grinders” but my guess is that he truly loves their low paychecks even more.

• Like 1

This has been an amazing inning.  I turned it on just in time to see the pitch sail over the catcher’s head.  Followed by the pitcher falling down and hitting the batter.  The coup de grace…brain fart by the pitcher with the high throw to shortstop and everyone safe.  It’s a high school team.

Edited by JTB
A bad HS team.

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

That’s what JR wanted.  A lineup of David Eckstein’s.  He loves “grinders” but my guess is that he truly loves their low paychecks even more.

Fletcher and his limited power in a corner outfield is just a terrible decision.

1 minute ago, JTB said:

This has been an amazing inning.  I turned it on just in time to see the pitch sail over the catcher’s head.  Followed by the pitcher falling down and hitting the batter.  The coup de grace…brain fart by the pitcher with the high throw to shortstop and everyone safe.  It’s a high school team.

Today’s starting pitcher and lineup is easily one of the worst in baseball history.

2 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

It seems the curse was lifted from the north side in 2016. It took a few yrs to migrate to the south side. How many decades will it take to rid ourselves if it?

What’s the oldest anyone has ever lived?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

Would anything even change if they didn’t?  

No. 

I mean it's pretty clear we're in Bill Wirtz Blackhawks territory but the majority of that team that won 3 championships was in place before Bill Wirtz died. 

Bill Wirtz would probably not have signed off on Hossa, the guy that put them over the top. 

Edited by baseball_gal_aly
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

The Legend crying about the high free agent prices for power hitters.  Jerry is probably pleased his loyal minion is spreading his message, with a hundred dollar cigar in his mouth.

I'm sure Jerry and Bill were BFFs. 

Jerry never said the quiet part out loud until he got older. 

"Championships are too expensive" 

Edited by baseball_gal_aly

7 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Is there any hope that JR will fire Getz or are we going to have to wait 5 seasons? 

No way JR fires Getz after only one season.  We are likely stuck with him for 5+ seasons.

Edited by WhiteSox2023