9/2 GT - Sox vs. Orioles 2:05 CT

Rusty

21 minutes ago, fathom said:

Rick Hahn

He's looking better than Getz right now for sure, in comparison.

Some of the DDL moves last year were solid like Quero and the instinct to remove Anderson from the equation...albeit way too late to save a sinking ship.

17 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

It’s not going to be any better next year unless the old man cleans house and we know that ain’t happening. 

The 1970 White Sox drew a little less than 500,000. If the Sox do what we think they are doing to do this off season, the 2025 Sox should draw less. This is supposed to be a major league franchise. It isn't even close to that. JR should be told by every Illinois politician there will be no new stadium unless he invests in his team. This is a travesty. Cue the fireworks!

2 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

I wonder how many books will be written about this train wreck of a season?

Lip? Yr an outstanding author and a straight shooter....

But the sensationalist gossipy behind the scenes speculation is what sells now....not solid objective journalism.

Exposing the sordid underbelly of the organization...stories like Kopech Anderson Gio's "betrayal" Moncada Burger's comeback Liam's cancer fight etc.

15 minutes ago, Highland said:

The 1970 White Sox drew a little less than 500,000. If the Sox do what we think they are doing to do this off season, the 2025 Sox should draw less. This is supposed to be a major league franchise. It isn't even close to that. JR should be told by every Illinois politician there will be no new stadium unless he invests in his team. This is a travesty. Cue the fireworks!

They've spent more than their four Central Division rivals since 2012.

It's HOW the money is spent that is precisely the problem here.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

.224 winning percentage.

Now on pace for a 36-126 record.

It probably won’t happen but I hope they lose the next 23. It would be such an embarrassment for JR and the MLB that he’d likely be forced to do something different. 

1 minute ago, chetkincaid said:

It probably won’t happen but I hope they lose the next 23. It would be such an embarrassment for JR and the MLB that he’d likely be forced to do something different. 

Basically almost 1/2 the playoff spots would be decided by the Sox if they did somehow manage to finish 31-131.

Lovable Losers?  Can't even manage to steal Cubs' identity there.

4 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

.224 winning percentage.

Now on pace for a 36-126 record.

I wrote it earlier, but it can be said again.  If someone writes/says “the Sox may not win a game in September,” everyone here would react the same…head nod and thinking “yeah, could happen.”  It’s absurd how bad the Sox are and that is even a remote possibility, but here we are.  Fire every single person involved in putting this train wreck together right to the sun!  f***!

• Like 1
  • Paper Bag 1

12 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

They've spent more than the other four divisional rivals since 2012.

This is obvious, but if all this team does this off season is cut salaries more, we will get another 120-loss season.  There will be no reason for any fan to attend a game next year or for years after that.

Worst run differential in modern history…-345, ‘32 Red Sox.  
Sox currently at -301.  It’s possible if not probably this is broken.  Put another feather in your cap Getz!

• Paper Bag 1

13 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

No he wouldn't, he's still making money remember. 

58 minutes ago, Highland said:

I am glad I am not watching this. This is beyond a joke. First, 14 in a row. Then 21 in a row. Now 11 and counting. The season can't end soon enough.

I haven't watched them all year! Heard on the radio that after today's game over the last 45 games the Sox are 4 wins and 41 losses. Can that be? Reinsdorf has really ruined this franchise! 

• Paper Bag 1

11 minutes ago, Highland said:

This is obvious, but if all this team does this off season is cut salaries more, we will get another 120-loss season.  There will be no reason for any fan to attend a game next year or for years after that.

Valid point but unlike in days of yore attendance doesn't drive the bus anymore AND keep in mind it actually benefits JR NOT to have fans show up! Remember his deal with the state specifically says if the Sox draw less than a certain amount he doesn't have to pay the state money AND they actually have to pay him a certain amount making up the difference until the threshold is reached. 

Just an unbelievable deal benefiting him.

1 minute ago, Saufley said:

I haven't watched them all year! Heard on the radio that after today's game over the last 45 games the Sox are 4 wins and 41 losses. Can that be? Reinsdorf has really ruined this franchise! 

4-41 is correct. 

47 minutes ago, Saufley said:

If you dont watch any games, go away.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Highland said:

Yet they're 27th in attendance, and only trailing WC team and recently first place KC by about 2000ish fans per game.

Rock bottom STILL hasn't quite hit YET.

Which is either 1970 or the late 1980's before the new stadium.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Valid point but unlike in days of yore attendance doesn't drive the bus anymore AND keep in mind it actually benefits JR NOT to have fans show up! Remember his deal with the state specifically says if the Sox draw less than a certain amount he doesn't have to pay the state money AND they actually have to pay him a certain amount making up the difference until the threshold is reached. 

Just an unbelievable deal benefiting him.

They've only hit it once recently, and just barely, and it was definitely a mark over 2 million to pay relatively negligible ticket taxes, around 2.2 or 2.4 or something like that in attendance.

Likewise, the bottom threshold was somewhere between 1.2 and 800,000, but it's going to take a lot to trigger that subsidy as well.

Of course, you can already look at the parking lot revenues as "free" money for the Sox.

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

No he wouldn't, he's still making money remember. 

Going 31-131 would be a national news story. You’d see it covered by everyone in media. That’s why I said it would be an embarrassment for not just Reinsdorf but the MLB as a whole. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

They've spent more than their four Central Division rivals since 2012.

Spending a lot on piece meal signings for a year or two is not the same as serious signings like Harper.  He gets out of it quickly with the former.  He shouldn’t get credit for that.