9/2 GT - Sox vs. Orioles 2:05 CT

Rusty

1 hour ago, chetkincaid said:

Going 31-131 would be a national news story. You’d see it covered by everyone in media. That’s why I said it would be an embarrassment for not just Reinsdorf but the MLB as a whole. 

I doubt JR would be embarrassed at all again for the principle reason that he's making $$$$$.  He has shown over the years he doesn't let what the media think or what the fan base think or what agents think impact or affect him in any way.

When you are a billionaire you can be that way.   

Kuhl is not so cool. He was tossing up meatballs.

They mercifully gave Vaughn a day off. Sox led early then Baltimore got mad against the AAA White Sox. Q: Could our triple A team have the same record as the Sox or would it be worse competing against MLB. I dunno. 32 wins ain't many.

11 in a row. After this season no losing streak will ever surprise us.

7 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

.224 winning percentage.

Now on pace for a 36-126 record.

Sizemore sounds defeated in his postgame interview.  He is probably regretting taking on this shitshow and eating the record.

Poor Sizemore. I bet he's a decent baseball mind.

7 hours ago, greg775 said:

He may be a "decent baseball mind" but so far his record is  worst than Grifol despite playing more home games so far. 

"Insular, sad sack franchises – the Chicago White Sox, Oakland Athletics, Miami Marlins and Colorado Rockies, to name four – belong in a separate category. Those teams barely even bothered to try."--Ken Rosenthal

"It’s hard to do what they’re doing. Correct that. What they’re doing was once thought to be impossible. A lot went into this utter ineptitude. Bad trades, bad drafts, bad managing, bad payroll, bad ownership.

Where is chairman Jerry Reinsdorf? What possible excuse can there be for this? How does it feel to have gotten so many people stained with mud?

But this failure should be honored as a symbol of badness, of what can happen when nobody at the top gives a damn. Or, maybe worse, when they do care but are too dumb or arrogant to know they haven’t a clue." -- Rick Telander

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Blackhawks aren't making it. 

The Hawks are at least in a convincing talent acquisition phase, but they aren't quite there yet.  Still can't quite feel them after everything that happened with the abuse cover ups.

The Bears should be the best team in Chicago right now.

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The Hawks are at least in a convincing talent acquisition phase, but they aren't quite there yet.  Still can't quite feel them after everything that happened with the abuse cover ups.

The Bears should be the best team in Chicago right now.

I don't blame you. I tried to find a different hockey team but I like the sport too much and couldn't get emotionally invested in another team. 

If the Sox moved I'd probably just quit baseball. 

Edited by baseball_gal_aly

13 hours ago, greg775 said:

I don’t know man.  I want to give him the benefit of the doubt but…Sosa hitting 3rd?  Like WTF?  I know the roster is bad and he doesn’t have much to work with but, what the hell?

1 hour ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

I don't blame you. I tried to find a different hockey team but I like the sport too much and couldn't get emotionally invested in another team. 

If the Sox moved I'd probably just quit baseball. 

I’d be a Brewers fan. They can cry about injuries just as much as the White Sox, maybe more. They traded a big time pitcher, just like the White Sox. They are going to the playoffs. The White Sox are a national joke.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I’d be a Brewers fan. They can cry about injuries just as much as the White Sox, maybe more. They traded a big time pitcher, just like the White Sox. They are going to the playoffs. The White Sox are a national joke.

Plus they didn't resign their manager.

4 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

"Insular, sad sack franchises – the Chicago White Sox, Oakland Athletics, Miami Marlins and Colorado Rockies, to name four – belong in a separate category. Those teams barely even bothered to try."--Ken Rosenthal

"It’s hard to do what they’re doing. Correct that. What they’re doing was once thought to be impossible. A lot went into this utter ineptitude. Bad trades, bad drafts, bad managing, bad payroll, bad ownership.

Where is chairman Jerry Reinsdorf? What possible excuse can there be for this? How does it feel to have gotten so many people stained with mud?

But this failure should be honored as a symbol of badness, of what can happen when nobody at the top gives a damn. Or, maybe worse, when they do care but are too dumb or arrogant to know they haven’t a clue." -- Rick Telander

You left out this quote.

Sox pitcher Garrett Crochet is very good, but he plays a few innings every now and then and swiftly gets yanked, saving his trade value. It’s always about the future, you know.