Sox trying to fix Vargas

southsider2k5

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I'm all for trying to fix once top prospects but man, you don't target that kind of guy in the trade of your best asset traded at the deadline.

Wait till the Winter.  They will probably get 2-3 Vargas type guys for Crochet.   All of the prospects humpers and media will rejoice and history in most bad organizations prove the haul and stocked farm systems is nothing but a myth.  If you aren't good at identifying talent in drafts I don't see how getting other team's prospects is gonna change that.  If we see it this way do you think other GMs are blind to this?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Wait till the Winter.  They will probably get 2-3 Vargas type guys for Crochet.   All of the prospects humpers and media will rejoice and history in most bad organizations prove the haul and stocked farm systems is nothing but a myth.  If you aren't good at identifying talent in drafts I don't see how getting other team's prospects is gonna change that.  If we see it this way do you think other GMs are blind to this?

As a prospect fan, I am not at all jazzed about Vargas or any other floundering prospect with MLB struggles.

The ceiling is what, Kelenic? Aim higher.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, MEANS said:

heard on the pod today that Frank was speaking with him recently, with some small signs of improvement

Can Frank give him his 6-4" 250lb frame? Otherwise Vargas is going to keep struggling. I hate the athletic profile that Getz keeps bringing in. Small guys, maybe a little speed, but very little in the way of long levers or explosive profiles and these guys aren't EVEN GOOD DEFENDERS!

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 3
  • Paper Bag 1

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

I’m not a professional so I may be way off, but the Dodgers couldn’t get him to hit or field, so I’m thinking the Sox will fail.

Almost of the Dodgers good players on the positional side are free agents, and they've traded away an incredible amount of talent from the minors who went and had success elsewhere. Obviously they are better ran than us - but I actually have no idea how they are from a developmental side. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KipWellsFan said:

The dude doesn't have a single multi-hit game for us yet.

Meanwhile Connor Norby could have easily been gotten for Fedde. A lot of people discounted him on here as a low tier prospect.

He is only hitting .320 for the marlins with 3 HRs and a marlins record 9 xbh in his first 12 games. I honestly think I am a better GM than Getz. 

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Ozzie for Manager said:

Meanwhile Connor Norby could have easily been gotten for Fedde. A lot of people discounted him on here as a low tier prospect.

He is only hitting .320 for the marlins with 3 HRs and a marlins record 9 xbh in his first 12 games. I honestly think I am a better GM than Getz. 

.863 OPS on the season.  Getz is garbage.

To be fair, once people saw that Getz took back Vargas, they would have been ecstatic with Norby instead.  I remember posting that the Marlins return for Trevor Rogers was better than Getz’s return for Fedde and Kopech.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Paper Bag 2