Sox trying to fix Vargas

southsider2k5

On 9/11/2024 at 6:22 PM, fathom said:

Of course…anything over 93-94 just blows him away. He will be out of baseball in a few years.

I don't want to pile on the guy, but you're right; he is way late on fastballs.

36 minutes ago, Quin said:

Get out of here with your dirty numbers. My vibe check tells me he's a star.

I assume that means you are going to fire your vibe check in about a week, to follow along with why Getz acquired Vargas and what he did afterwards.

RIP Mike Tosar.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

18 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I don't think they missed anything.  I think we're gonna see a very different player come spring training.

Getz’s entire offseason was a whiff outside of Fedde and DeJong.  His other in-season trade for Fletcher was a whiff.  But you have faith in Vargas, even though he now has a full season of at bats to his career in which he is is one of the worst hitters in recent memory?  Crazy.

2 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

At the very least, can we STOP putting Vargas at 3B over Ramos? He isn't a 3B, he isn't....he isn't.

Stop forcing square pegs into round holes.

They need this trade to work out so bad, they just make it dumber. Ramos isn't a GG at 3B, but compared to Vargas he is, and definitely could improve.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

They need this trade to work out so bad, they just make it dumber. Ramos isn't a GG at 3B, but compared to Vargas he is.

I mean, guy was a terrible 3Ber in the minors, and the Dodgers were smart enough to say 'yeah, no more 3rd.' Yet, here we are...

image.png

3 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

I mean, guy was a terrible 3Ber in the minors, and the Dodgers were smart enough to say 'yeah, no more 3rd.' Yet, here we are...

image.png

The other thing is most people with the most information think Montgomery is  3B. So 2 of the Sox top prospects are pretty much 3B. What the f*** are they doing with Vargas?

Vargas is a 1B/DH, nothing more. Getz, you traded for the guy, knowing what you had on the roster already. Time to either realize Gavin Sheets has no future here, or continue to do inane things like put Vargas at 3rd. All that does, is continue to prove your bottom rung ineptitude at being a General Manager.

20 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

Vargas is a 1B/DH, nothing more. Getz, you traded for the guy, knowing what you had on the roster already. Time to either realize Gavin Sheets has no future here, or continue to do inane things like put Vargas at 3rd. All that does, is continue to prove your bottom rung ineptitude at being a General Manager.

Why does Vargas deserve more at bats next year than Sheets? He is out of options next year and is a worse hitter right now than anyone they have. People thought I was crazy when I said he was the Dodgers version of Lenyn Sosa or Oscar Colas, but here we are. He's gotta be hitting by June of next year or he could be a roster crunch victim. One of the more disastrous trades I can remember and it was obvious from the second it was made. I'd kill to have Connor Norby instead and I'm not even a fan.

6 hours ago, Capn12 said:

He's a White Sox 1b/DH.  

Can't field a position. 

Can't hit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1