Sox trying to fix Vargas

southsider2k5

On 9/3/2024 at 10:06 PM, southsider2k5 said:

I'm kinda scared to hear that. A too "noisy" hand load can hurt you and cause timing issues and it can make sense to quiet it down, especially when you are wild like Gary sheffield but vargas already has a pretty small and quiet hand load.

I'm working with some hitters and I don't love the slight hand lift he does and would prefer the load to be more "connected" to the shoulders (more in line with the natural coiling of the hips and trunk) but it still isn't a very noisy load and with the sox "expertise" in player development I fear they will deaden his hands completely and kill the bit of power he has making him a total slap guy like the sox did with so many hitters 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Why do you want to take AB's away from Tim Elko-Burger.  Benintendi has to go.

Even after the trades this continues to be an absurd construction.  The payroll commitments for 25 are now a shade over $35 million.  This franchise is sitting at around a $55 million payroll with Robert and Benny on the books, and dumping dead weight like Nicky and Vaughn.  Even including them we are talking like $65 million.   If they don't want him, cut him like any real MLB franchise would.  They can easily set $25 million on fire just like they did last year and save Jerry plenty of his kids future inheritance, cutting payroll to under $100 million like a 3rd world MLB franchise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • TLR 1

Had to post here due to lack of game thread. I just saw Vargas have the worst AB a player 

could have. Took 2 right down the middle then swung at a high pitch for strike 3. He was 

probably seeing better pitches with LA having a good line up with  no go arounds. But this

guy is a disgrace. Getz should just admit his mistake and bench him. Any line up with vargas

in it is a joke.

3 hours ago, zisk said:

Had to post here due to lack of game thread. I just saw Vargas have the worst AB a player 

could have. Took 2 right down the middle then swung at a high pitch for strike 3. He was 

probably seeing better pitches with LA having a good line up with  no go arounds. But this

guy is a disgrace. Getz should just admit his mistake and bench him. Any line up with vargas

in it is a joke.

I think Getz is going to make even bigger mistakes.