Sept 3 game thread Sox vs O's, Sox playing for Dirty Dozen 5:35 first pitch

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Yes, he tips his hat at the end of every game.  Very nice of him to make appearances here.

Well atleast you have that lol. Maybe he should pitch a game, can’t get any worse

32 minutes ago, fathom said:

It’s really amazing how little they have to show talent wise for all the moves they made the last 14 months

You would think the law of averages would have one of these moves by Getz pan out with a guy that can actually play the game. 
I honestly think that these guys won’t win another game this year, 31-131 has a nice ring to it and would be 30 games worse that the 2023 White Sox juggernaut.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

You would think the law of averages would have one of these moves by Getz pan out with a guy that can actually play the game. 
I honestly think that these guys won’t win another game this year, 31-131 has a nice ring to it and would 30 games worse that the 2023 White Sox juggernaut.

Yet only the hitting coach and interim manager will pay the price

17 minutes ago, Jaysfan said:

Don’t think I haven’t cheered a losing team for the last 57 years, I’m a Toronto Maple Leaf fan, I know embarrassment. Atleast you guys haven’t had 57 years of it 

Most of us weren’t around at the beginning but the White Sox did go 88 years without a World Series Championship, me personally, I went 53 years until we won it all in 2005 as I became  Sox fan in 1952, we did make to the WS IN 1959 but lost to the Dodgers.

I remember well the Maple Leaf teams of the 1960s who won 4 Stanley Cups, they beat my Blackhawks quite often but it was a great rivalry, hated Eddie Shack and a few other Leafs.

The most sickening thing about this whole disaster is the fact that we are going to get the 10th pick in the draft after having to suffer through this nightmare 

MLB should be making rules that specifically hurt garbage owners like Jerry. Instead they made a rule that saves him $ on a draft pick and further punishes the fans. Hit Jerry where it hurts him the most, his wallet. Or force the clown to sell (I know that will never happen). Instead, they made a rule that will make it even harder for the team to pull out of this tail spin. And Jerry still won’t give a s%*#. Unbelievable. Forget there being a light at the end of the tunnel, there is no tunnel. This franchise is buried 6 feet under until Jerry is the same…and even then it will still be a long road back. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

The most sickening thing about this whole disaster is the fact that we are going to get the 10th pick in the draft after having to suffer through this nightmare 

MLB should be making rules that specifically hurt garbage owners like Jerry. Instead they made a rule that saves him $ on a draft pick and further punishes the fans. Hit Jerry where it hurts him the most, his wallet. Or force the clown to sell (I know that will never happen). Instead, they made a rule that will make it even harder for the team to pull out of this tail spin. And Jerry still won’t give a s%*#. Unbelievable. Forget there being a light at the end of the tunnel, there is no tunnel. This franchise is buried 6 feet under until Jerry is the same…and even then it will still be a long road back. 

Yep it’s dead 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Most of us weren’t around at the beginning but the White Sox did go 88 years without a World Series Championship.

I remember well the Maple Leaf teams of the 1960s who won 4 Stanley Cups, they beat my Blackhawks quite often but it was a great rivalry, hated Eddie Shack and a few other Leafs.

60’s was before my time, I was born in ‘68, we were the laughing stock of hockey threw the 70’s80’s and half of the ‘90s and back to being a joke from early 2000’s til today. Everyone hated Shack

3 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

I keep thinking that there's no possible way out of this. The farm isn't good enough to improve the 2025 club and no self respecting free agent is going to sign with this organization. They're going to be bad for several years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chetkincaid said:

I keep thinking that there's no possible way out of this. The farm isn't good enough to improve the 2025 club and no self respecting free agent is going to sign with this organization. They're going to be bad for several years.

No free agent would sign with the Sox, and I’m sure a lot players put the Sox in their no trade clause now

9 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

The only way a free premier agent signs with the Sox is if JR changes his stripes and brings in the best GM and front office people he can find and also hires a well respected Manager.

27 minutes ago, Jaysfan said:

Don’t think I haven’t cheered a losing team for the last 57 years, I’m a Toronto Maple Leaf fan, I know embarrassment. Atleast you guys haven’t had 57 years of it 

Is JR the modern day Harold Ballard?

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Just think what Harry Caray and Jimmy Piersall would be saying about this team and season.

They would be as disgusted as we are are and would convey that in an entertaining manner. I would love to hear their reactions.