Sept 3 game thread Sox vs O's, Sox playing for Dirty Dozen 5:35 first pitch

40 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

It doesn't matter who is the manager either

That's because in part the players are "baseball-stupid", the staff can't teach the fundamentals properly and their is no accountability when players screw up time after time after time. No benching's, no fines, no getting sent back down...nothing. 

Just now, Highland said:

Okay, so the team has little talent. So, let's trade Crochet, who has talent. That's the way to build a winner.

Unfortunately the owner refuses to pay big money or long contracts for pitching, that's why he is going to be traded.

You can argue whether or not that philosophy is good or bad, but the fact is other teams across baseball are doing it and are willing to take the risks. 

2 minutes ago, Highland said:

Okay, so the team has little talent. So, let's trade Crochet, who has talent. That's the way to build a winner.

Better yet, let's trade him at 65 to 75 cents on the dollar, before he gets hurt again...

And let's take back even more pitchers because we've completely lost the ability to identify positional talent.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Unfortunately the owner refuses to pay big money or long contracts for pitching, that's why he is going to be traded.

You can argue whether or not that philosophy is good or bad, but the fact is other teams across baseball are doing it and are willing to take the risks. 

See LAD.

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Better yet, let's trade him at 65 to 75 cents on the dollar, before he gets hurt again...

And let's take back even more pitchers because we've completely lost the ability to identify positional talent.

Nah, let's package him with Benintendi and get back no talent.

Absolutely hilarious. DVS post-mortem game story. Remember Vargas was the Sox "big" trade acquisition:

"On their way to losing for the 109th time this season en route to becoming the worst team of all time, the White Sox have seemingly demonstrated a hundred ways to get beat.

They lost to the Orioles 9-0 Tuesday at Camden Yards, shut out for the 16th time and having it decided early and in reckless, uncontrolled fashion. Rookie right-hander Nick Nastrini walked six batters, needing 72 pitches to record five outs, and exited trailing 7-0 in the second inning. In his first start since tossing six innings of one-run ball against the Rangers Thursday, Nastrini threw four pitches to the backstop, two of them in the the dirt and two over catcher Korey Lee’s head.

As rough as things were for Nastrini, he should have been out of the second inning with one run scored despite walking the bases full, but third baseman Miguel Vargas crashed into left fielder Andrew Benintendi on former Sox Eloy Jimenez’ pop-up in short left near the line, allowing three runs to score.

Benintendi had the easier play and called for the ball but Vargas slammed his forehead into Benintendi’s shoulder as the ball deflected to the ground.

“That’s Benintendi’s ball,” interim manager Grady Sizemore said. 🤡

I was kinda feeling sorry for Grady Sizemore but then I figured noone felt sorry for me when I was shoveling the grease oozing out of the dumpsters on a 95 degree day when I worked for Kmart.....so f*** him.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Highland said:

No talent teams typically still win 50 some games. The As won 50 last year. The rebuilding Os won 47, 52, and 54 (COVID in there).

This isnt just a lack of talent. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

No talent teams typically still win 50 some games. The As won 50 last year. The rebuilding Os won 47, 52, and 54 (COVID in there).

To be fair, it’s perhaps the least talented lineup I can recall in my lifetime that wasn’t associated with an expansion club.

12 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

It's organizational rot and dysfunction 

1 hour ago, Highland said:

Sox are so far from .500 I guess it doesn't matter since there's no sense of urgency to have ANY good players on the roster (once we trade Crochet).

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

If you wanted to show video of a team that looked like they were losing on purpose, tonight would be prime footage.

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

If you wanted to show video of a team that looked like they were losing on purpose, tonight would be prime footage.