Sept 3 game thread Sox vs O's, Sox playing for Dirty Dozen 5:35 first pitch

4 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

The only way a free premier agent signs with the Sox is if JR changes his stripes and brings in the best GM and front office people he can find and also hires a well respected Manager.

I don't think hiring a GM and a well respected manager is enough. If you were a free agent, would you trust that Reinsdorf would do what is necessary to put a winning team on the field? With his recent track record? I wouldnt.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

You can’t make this stuff up.  Colliding in the outfield.  Benintendi and Robert bumped each other earlier.  This time Vargas takes an elbow to the face.

Rename these losers the Cleveland Indians and just pretend they are filming a new “Major League” movie.

The ghosts of Fred Manrique and Ralph Garr were out there tonight.  The fun old/new days.

3 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

I don't think hiring a GM and a well respected manager is enough. If you were a free agent, would you trust that Reinsdorf would do what is necessary to put a winning team on the field? With his recent track record? I wouldnt.

Like I said he would need a complete change of stripes and convince people that the Sox were going to turn this around damn fast and NO I don’t expect this to come close to happening.

13 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

Is JR the modern day Harold Ballard?

We are In The thick of the Ballard curse, think it will surpass the babe and Billy goat curse

Edited by Jaysfan

8 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

JR is worse, besides that the Maple Leaf franchise is a Cash Cow, they have sold out every game since the end of WW2.

The reason why it’s a cash cow is because most of the “fans” we call suits, take clients to games to grease them up, ticket prices you have to mortgage them

14 minutes ago, Melton1972 said:

They would be as disgusted as we are are and would convey that in an entertaining manner. I would love to hear their reactions.

I was pretty good friends with Jimmy back in the 80s as we played quite a bit of tennis together at the Wheaton Sport Center, we talked a lot of White Sox baseball, he hated TLR and everytime they lost a game he would call me up and tell how me how LaRussa screwed up the game. 
It all came to a head when LaRussa, Leyland and one of the other coaches confronted Jimmy at the the radio studio where Jimmy had the post game show, how brave was that, 3 against 1.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

22 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

The only way a free premier agent signs with the Sox is if JR changes his stripes and brings in the best GM and front office people he can find and also hires a well respected Manager.

I feel sorry for guys that sign here. They have to be somewhat embarrassed on a professional level. The actual talent is signing everywhere else. They’re lowered to having to scrape the bottom of the barrel. They’re grabbing that last MLB contract before they’re out of baseball.

The only way to keep your sanity is to accept the fact that the Sox won’t make the playoffs  along with 18 other teams, I’ve already stated that to a couple of Red Sox fans in my Golf group who were giving me the business.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

14 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

I feel sorry for guys that sign here. They have to be somewhat embarrassed on a professional level. The actual talent is signing everywhere else. They’re lowered to having to scrape the bottom of the barrel. They’re grabbing that last MLB contract before they’re out of baseball.

And some guys like Oldy Moldy hanging on for another year when they should’ve retired.  But tough to say no to $4.25 million guaranteed thrown your way by an assclown GM.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

27 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

I was pretty good friends with Jimmy back in the 80s as we played quite a bit of tennis together at the Wheaton Sport Center, we talked a lot of White Sox baseball, he hated TLR and everytime they lost a game he would call me up and tell how me how LaRussa screwed up the game. 
It all came to a head when LaRussa, Leyland and one of the other coaches confronted Jimmy at the the radio studio where Jimmy had the post game show, how brave was that, 3 against 1.

Here you go from my interview with Jimmy:

ML: Sox ownership decided to go with the SportsVision experiment in 1982 and you were removed from the play by play booth while Harry left to go to the Cubs. You wound up doing the pre and post-game shows. The Sox started out like gang-busters but by July were a .500 club, then one night Tony LaRussa apparently had it with some of your comments and drove down to the studios after a game and confronted you. I have never heard of such a thing happening before or since at least until the Steve Stone / Cubs controversy. What happened that night?  

JP: “I had said during a show that whoever was coaching the outfielders wasn’t doing a very good job. They were out of position; they were throwing to the wrong base. It was a bad situation. So one night about 11 or 11:30 at night, LaRussa, Charlie Lau and Jimmy Leyland drive down to the studios. They told the guard they had an appointment to see me and he let them in. I’m in the studio and they march in. LaRussa’s yells, “Are you trying to get Leyland fired?” I didn’t know who was coaching the outfielders so I said “no, but whoever he is he’s doing a lousy job.” They started to act tough when one of our producers walked in, he was a real big guy, about 6-4 and when they saw him they left. I tore Tony’s ass from then on. LaRussa acts real tough but he isn’t and Leyland is nothing but a little phony.” 

“All I can say is that Tony’s real lucky he’s had great players in Oakland and in St. Louis because he is a terrible manager.” 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Big Hurtin said:

Just saw this on Twitter, assuming that’s what you’re talking about.

The jokes write themselves don't they and the biggest joke is the ossified owner.