Marco Paddy fired

southsider2k5

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

It is wild how everyone but Chris Getz is the problem with the White Sox.

Yep.  Getz did worse in a single offseason and regular season than any of these guys that are getting fired now.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • TLR 2

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

My favorite part so far is they finally fire Pedro, and they are somehow even worse.

• Like 1

Hopefully some reporter actually asks the question is the spending restrictions and the refusal to negotiate with anyone too young were Paddy problems or were Jerry problems.  We deserve to know if the sacrifice of the younger Latin players in exchange for older Cuban players was a strategy for Marco or upper management to know if things are actually going to change, or keep plodding along in the dumps.

Alexei Ramirez, Jose Abreu, Luis Robert and Fernando Tatis have had about as much success as any scout's profile.

Carlos/Yolmer Sanchez was solid.

Eduardo Escobar.

Then you factor in we were in on both Soto and Guerrero Jr. but didn't have the open purse strings from JR to close those two deals.

When has Getz identified a stud hitter, exactly?

Montgomery was supposed to be the One.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1

17 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

If this was Getz call then I like him a bit more. He's been brutal in trades but he is fixing the front office personal issues I'll give him that. 

This is where I'm at. I think the trades have been putrid, but at least he's identifying places that glaringly need to be upgraded? If you aren't spending on free agency in the near future, fucking rehaul this antiquated organization. (If JR lets him.)

Edited by DirtySox
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Alexei Ramirez, Jose Abreu, Luis Robert and Fernando Tatis have had about as much success as any scout's profile.

Carlos/Yolmer Sanchez was solid.

Eduardo Escobar.

Then you factor in we were in on both Soto and Guerrero Jr. but didn't have the open purse strings from JR to close those two deals.

Alexei and Escobar weren’t Paddy, and everyone on Soxtalk could have recommended Abreu and Robert.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Jerry is playing 3D Chess

"Well Getzy buddy we only have one more person to fire."

"But I'm the only one here?"

"Bwahahaha"

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1

52 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Alexei and Escobar weren’t Paddy, and everyone on Soxtalk could have recommended Abreu and Robert.

Everyone probably could have made better first round draft picks than Vaughn and Madrigal, too.

Translation: "I signed in the Dominican Republic with the White Sox. First, I am eternally grateful to the White Sox for giving me the opportunity to be a part of the organization. [José] Contreras helped me a lot [in my decision], as did the other Cuban players who came through the organization before, including Minnie [Miñoso], Orlando Hernandez [“El Duque”], and many others."

Soxon35th.com

It is kind of ironic that Hahn and Paddy were the only Sox execs in the last decade to win national recognition in the executive/scouting field.

Has Getz ever won anything related to his post playing career?

20 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Everyone probably could have made better first round draft picks than Vaughn and Madrigal, too.

Translation: "I signed in the Dominican Republic with the White Sox. First, I am eternally grateful to the White Sox for giving me the opportunity to be a part of the organization. [José] Contreras helped me a lot [in my decision], as did the other Cuban players who came through the organization before, including Minnie [Miñoso], Orlando Hernandez [“El Duque”], and many others."

Soxon35th.com

It is kind of ironic that Hahn and Paddy were the only Sox execs in the last decade to win national recognition in the executive/scouting field.

Has Getz ever won anything related to his post playing career?

So we can't draft, and we can't sign internationally, but the guy charged with developing both of them was fine.  It's just wild.

• Like 1