Marco Paddy fired

southsider2k5

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

It is wild how everyone but Chris Getz is the problem with the White Sox.

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Yep.  Getz did worse in a single offseason and regular season than any of these guys that are getting fired now.

40 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

I was thinking exactly this. The biggest problem with the Sox over the last 12 months has been Getz.

39 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

It’s amazing how Getz survives.

Is every positive move for the org going to be viewed through this lense of “Yeah but Getz is still here”?

I get it. He’s unqualified for and bad at his job, but he’s not going anywhere. It is what it is.

Meanwhile, basically any change that happens within this rotting, maggot infested org is a good thing.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Snopek said:

Is every positive move for the org going to be viewed through this lense of “Yeah but Getz is still here”?

I get it. He’s unqualified for and bad at his job, but he’s not going anywhere. It is what it is.

Meanwhile, basically any change that happens within this rotting, maggot infested org is a good thing.

And if, somehow, Getz gets on a winning streak, or he's fired, everyone will just word search "Getz" and replace with "Reinsdorf". It's really just bad performance art, at this point. 

• Like 1
  • TLR 1

7 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

And if, somehow, Getz gets on a winning streak, or he's fired, everyone will just word search "Getz" and replace with "Reinsdorf". It's really just bad performance art, at this point. 

He's 31-109 this season.  You don't need to make up stuff to get mad about. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Snopek said:

2 reasons.

#1, we Don't actually know Paddy is the problem here.  The usual errand boys keep telling us he is, but until someone asks the right questions,  we don't know the actual problem. 

#2, you can fire all of the incompetent underlyings you like, if you just find other incompetent underlings to replace them, nothing is actually going to change 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Maybe.....and crazy thought here...but maybe the entire organization is a rotten apple, at this point? Reinsdorf deserves a million percent more blame than Getz, so I don't even get that remark. Of course we'd all still be laying blame at JR's feet, if Getz were gone.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Story on the firing, Sox seem to be placing a lot of faith in the new Dominican facility:

https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/news/white-sox-part-ways-with-marco-paddy

Which isn't even done yet.  So no Academy and no leader 4 months before signing day.  Boy this is going to be a great January. 

8 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

Maybe.....and crazy thought here...but maybe the entire organization is a rotten apple, at this point? Reinsdorf deserves a million percent more blame than Getz, so I don't even get that remark. Of course we'd all still be laying blame at JR's feet, if Getz were gone.

Reinsdorf didn’t tell Getz and his scouts that Vargas is a quality player 

• Like 3

Getz was promoted because he knows the organization. We think the organization sucks and people need to be fired. Maybe Getz also believes that the organization sucks and is firing people. Cleaning house seems like a good start whether you want him in the position or not. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

He's 31-109 this season.  You don't need to make up stuff to get mad about. 

I got no problem with people liking Getz, but I can’t imagine anyone telling Sox fans that they shouldn’t be venting about this organization based on how things are going.

• Like 3
  • TLR 1

2 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Getz was promoted because he knows the organization. We think the organization sucks and people need to be fired. Maybe Getz also believes that the organization sucks and is firing people. Cleaning house seems like a good start whether you want him in the position or not. 

Keeping Chris Getz is like remodeling your condemned house, but not fixing the leaky pipes and Moldy floors.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I got no problem with people liking Getz, but I can’t imagine anyone telling Sox fans that they shouldn’t be venting about this organization based on how things are going.

Glad our Baghdad Bob Squad is here to tell us everything is fine and we are actually the problem.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Keeping Chris Getz is like remodeling your condemned house, but not fixing the leaky pipes and Moldy floors.

I look at it more like not remodeling because you can't decide to start with the plumber and the pipes or the carpenter and the floors. Start at the top, start at the bottom, but start. 

9 minutes ago, Texsox said:

It’s a good start, but if he wasn’t part of the problem and isn’t now, he has a no show job.

1 hour ago, Snopek said:

He's led a team to the worst season in baseball history, sans the Cleveland Spiders, who were essentially a AAA team before that existed.

He, like everyone from the old front office, needs to be exorcised before they can move forward.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Quin said:

He's led a team to the worst season in baseball history, sans the Cleveland Spiders, who were essentially a AAA team before that existed.

He, like everyone from the old front office, needs to be exorcised before they can move forward.

And the next guy will deserve to be fired after next season. And probably the guy after should be a one year hire as well. Hopefully those guys will have helped the 2027 guy to keep his job for a few years. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Texsox said:

And the next guy will deserve to be fired after next season. And probably the guy after should be a one year hire as well. Hopefully those guys will have helped the 2027 guy to keep his job for a few years. 

If the next guy played a crucial role in the KW/Hahn era and loses ~120 games, sure.

10 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I’m pretty sure Getz would’ve canned Paddy last year if he weren’t under contract. Also, this won’t really affect January 15, 2025 very much. These agreements have been in place for awhile. 

The GM doesn't have the authority to choose the people who work beneath him, and this is supposed to make White Sox fans feel confident in their GM. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2