Marco Paddy fired

southsider2k5

1 minute ago, Tony said:

You almost had it, but lost everyone here. 

Choosing to be miserable?  In their last 303 games, the Sox are 93-210. 

But the fans are the ones are in the wrong here. Got it. 

I could care less about the win loss record of a rebuilding team, it's meaningless. I feel a lot better about the state of the team now, than I did this time last year. 

• Fire 1

9 minutes ago, Boopa1219 said:

Josh Barfield, Paul Janish and Brian Bannister aren't from KC. The new manager won't be from KC either.

Yeah, he made a couple hires from there, a scout and a contract expert but guess what, everyone hires people they've worked with before when they get hiring powers. I get to start a new project, I'm staffing it with people I worked with before. Common practice. And every rebuilding team fills their roster with placeholders and veteran retreads. Why is everyone so stupid all of a sudden? The Sox just went through this not that long ago after 2016. People are mad that the Sox are horrible, but they were terrible last year and were always going to be worse this year, especially after the deadline. 

Was Getz hired under the right circumstances? No. Did he do anything obvious in his post as head of PD to earn his job? No? But he got the job and there nothing we can do about it. It seems like a lot of people in the fandom are just choosing to be miserable. I'm going to wait and see how he does in the job. 

Hiring people you’ve worked with before is fine when you’ve demonstrated and established past success with them.

Otherwise it just appears as favoritism, unwarranted loyalty or laziness. Not that those traits run deep in the Sox org or anything.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Boopa1219 said:

I could care less about the win loss record of a rebuilding team, it's meaningless. I feel a lot better about the state of the team now, than I did this time last year. 

I'm...happy for you? You can feel anyway you want. So can I, and others. 

I feel this team is at least 3-4 years from even getting to .500 baseball. Let's say they shock us and become competitive in 3 years. 

2022: 81-81

2023: 61-101

2024: One of the 5 worst seasons in MLB history

2025: Almost undoubtably another 100 loss season

2026: ? 

2027: Maybe something interesting? 

Oh, and the rebuild the Sox decided on all the way back in 2016 resulted in 2 playoff wins. 

At some point, I'd like to enjoy watching my favorite team play somewhat competitive baseball. So you may not care about the win loss record, but others do, at the very least from a holistic standpoint. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

I'm...happy for you? You can feel anyway you want. So can I, and others. 

I feel this team is at least 3-4 years from even getting to .500 baseball. Let's say they shock us and become competitive in 3 years. 

2022: 81-81

2023: 61-101

2024: One of the 5 worst seasons in MLB history

2025: Almost undoubtably another 100 loss season

2026: ? 

2027: Maybe something interesting? 

Oh, and the rebuild the Sox decided on all the way back in 2016 resulted in 2 playoff wins. 

At some point, I'd like to enjoy watching my favorite team play somewhat competitive baseball. So you may not care about the win loss record, but others do, at the very least from a holistic standpoint. 

I am not sure what exactly we are supposed to be feeling better about, exactly?  That a bunch of people got fired?  Cool.  In the mean time, the guy in charge has absolutely failed at his job so far.  But apparently that doesn't matter because people got fired.

25 minutes ago, Boopa1219 said:

Josh Barfield, Paul Janish and Brian Bannister aren't from KC. The new manager won't be from KC either.

Yeah, he made a couple hires from there, a scout and a contract expert but guess what, everyone hires people they've worked with before when they get hiring powers. I get to start a new project, I'm staffing it with people I worked with before. Common practice. And every rebuilding team fills their roster with placeholders and veteran retreads. Why is everyone so stupid all of a sudden? The Sox just went through this not that long ago after 2016. People are mad that the Sox are horrible, but they were terrible last year and were always going to be worse this year, especially after the deadline. 

Was Getz hired under the right circumstances? No. Did he do anything obvious in his post as head of PD to earn his job? No? But he got the job and there nothing we can do about it. It seems like a lot of people in the fandom are just choosing to be miserable. I'm going to wait and see how he does in the job. 

16 minutes ago, Boopa1219 said:

I pretty much agree with both of these posts. Well said, Josh. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Boopa1219 said:

Why do you feel better, as Montgomery’s poor season makes rebuilding the offense seem even more difficult.  Also, this time last year, we had the return of players for Cease as something to look forward to.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Boopa1219 said:

Why would you feel better about the state of this team now, than you did last year? Or, perhaps I should rephrase. "Can I have some of whatever you're smoking?"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I am not sure what exactly we are supposed to be feeling better about, exactly?  That a bunch of people got fired?  Cool.  In the mean time, the guy in charge has absolutely failed at his job so far.  But apparently that doesn't matter because people got fired.

We're finally seeing the personnel changes happen that should have been happening for a long time, and people with some internal connections (like Jimmy and Harold) have been telling us these changes need to happen. It sounds like KW and Hahn did NOT want to make these changes, or couldn't get Reinsdorf buy in. Getz seems to understand at least some of what needs to happen, and/or managed to finally convince Jerry. These are positives for the future of the franchise, assuming Getz can hire the right people - and I fully understand why people are skeptical he will.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, almagest said:

We're finally seeing the personnel changes happen that should have been happening for a long time, and people with some internal connections (like Jimmy and Harold) have been telling us these changes need to happen. It sounds like KW and Hahn did NOT want to make these changes, or couldn't get Reinsdorf buy in. Getz seems to understand at least some of what needs to happen, and/or managed to finally convince Jerry. These are positives for the future of the franchise, assuming Getz can hire the right people - and I fully understand why people are skeptical he will.

See, this is how an optimistic post is done. Nicely said

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, fathom said:

Why do you feel better, as Montgomery’s poor season makes rebuilding the offense seem even more difficult.  Also, this time last year, we had the return of players for Cease as something to look forward to.

Even if you want to handwave away all of the Getz failures at the major league  level, which was pretty much every single move he made, I am not sure what else we are missing.  I keep seeing Bannister held up as our savior, but if you look at the results as a whole, they aren't even that impressive.  Schultz had a big year, in super limited innings.  Getting Hagen Smith into the system should be a huge shot in the arm.  Past that?  We couldn't call up a single pitcher to the major leagues in either the bullpen or starting rotation the entire season who was ready to go.  Look at the rest of the top pitchers from last year.  Nastrini bombed.  Thorpe was up and down, and then hurt.  Taylor had a great short sample, and then another major injury.  Eder bombed.  Pallette fell of the rotation and made noise as a reliever.  Vera bombed, and was released.  Bush got a call up, but not much to show.  Don't even get me started on the relievers who were a disaster.

The hitting was a massive failure this year.  I don't even need to waste time on it.

Even as a whole our system trails most everyone in the division, who we are already trailing by at least 40 games.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Tony said:

You almost had it, but lost everyone here. 

Choosing to be miserable?  In their last 303 games, the Sox are 93-210. 

But the fans are the ones are in the wrong here. Got it. 

Everybody's pissed off at this team right now. I rewatched the last out of yesterday's game, so I could flip off the TeeVee and get my own rage out. It really sucks. 

People are sniping at anybody taking a "wait and see" attitude, even the FutureSox guys who have a little more insight, I think. 

Nobody is saying "fans are wrong to be mad". It's the insane misrepresentations and admin stalking that has just gotten bizarre. 

1 hour ago, Boopa1219 said:

I'm going to wait and see how he does in the job. 

Year 1: Absolutely f'n horrific in every way possible.  Almost every move has been terrible but hey he's fired people

Can't wait to be told to wait and see next year cause it was never going to get any better this year either.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

Year 1: Absolutely f'n horrific in every way possible.  Almost every move has been terrible but hey he's fired people

Can't wait to be told to wait and see next year cause it was never going to get any better this year either.

He didn't tell you to wait and see. No one is telling you to wait and see. People are throwing a fit because some people are saying "I'm going to wait and see".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, almagest said:

He didn't tell you to wait and see. No one is telling you to wait and see. People are throwing a fit because some people are saying "I'm going to wait and see".

People are throwing a fit because the 2024 White Sox are quite literally the worst team in baseball history with an unqualified GM who has continually made the wrong move, a middling farm system, and no money will be spent to improve the big league team.

If people want to "wait and see" with Getz, whatever, you do you. Im not going to pat him on the back for firing people who deserved to be fired. Everyone deserves to be fired after losing 120+ games.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Boopa1219 said:

this team is WORSE off now than it was 1-2 years ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, ewokpelts said:

this team is WORSE off now than it was 1-2 years ago.

Seriously, how can anyone say they feel a lot better about the state of the team now. There is a very real chance that they are even worse next season. They will almost certainly trade Crochet and Robert and the roster will be made up of developing prospects and washed up veterans they will attempt to flip.

There is so much that needs to be done before its even realistic to feel better about this team. Everyone should be scared to death about what we are going to see next season.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I pretty much agree with both of these posts. Well said, Josh. 

Jimmy, please I ask you to never change.

One day all these baseball people you have supported and excused by placing all blame on ownership will die and by then people will have forgotten about your weird infatuation with believing the conmen that work for said owner you hate..... over and over. Chris Getz is not turning the White Sox around and he's done absolutely nothing to warrant any optimism. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, T R U said:

Seriously, how can anyone say they feel a lot better about the state of the team now. There is a very real chance that they are even worse next season. They will almost certainly trade Crochet and Robert and the roster will be made up of developing prospects and washed up veterans they will attempt to flip.

There is so much that needs to be done before its even realistic to feel better about this team. Everyone should be scared to death about what we are going to see next season.

I haven't watched a single full inning in months. I've watched less than 4 games this year and it's September. This team is so bad that it's not even enjoyable to just watch baseball. They're a disgrace to the game. Anyone glass half fulling this is either paid, reliant on them for income, or not all there.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, fathom said:

Robert also seemed like he would net an all-time haul last winter. Now he's on the verge of being "we'd be lucky to get out of that salary". Worried he's the next Jackie Bradley Jr.

Our try-hard prospects have come up and been throwing up 50 wRC+ seasons. No bueno!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I haven't watched a single full inning in months. I've watched less than 4 games this year and it's September. This team is so bad that it's not even enjoyable to just watch baseball. They're a disgrace to the game. Anyone glass half fulling this is either paid, reliant on them for income, or not all there.

Robert has under-performed, Crochet will be dealt, Moncada doesn’t want to play the sport anymore, Colas and Sosa both don’t appear to be MLB players, Baldwin has underwhelmed and is now injured, Vargas and Amaya can’t hit or field, Thorpe is going in for surgery on his pitching arm, Montgomery has almost completely regressed.  They got near zero in return for Fedde or Kopech and…Oh yeah…and THEYRE ABOUT TO SET THE RECORD FOR MOST LOSSES IN MLB HISTORY!  Anyone that finds a single redeeming quality in this franchise right now is delusional and deserves everything they’re about to get for the next 5 years.

Edited by Rusty
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Robert has under-performed, Crochet will be dealt, Moncada doesn’t want to play the sport anymore, Colas and Sosa both don’t appear to be MLB players, Baldwin has underwhelmed and is now injured, Vargas and Amaya can’t hit or field, Thorpe is going in for surgery on his pitching arm, Montgomery has almost completely regressed.  Oh yeah…and THEYRE ABOUT TO SET THE RECORD FOR MOST LOSSES IN MLB HISTORY!  Anyone that finds a single redeeming quality in this franchise right now is delusional and deserves everything they’re about to get for the next 5 years.

Hey, they finally fired a bunch of dudes who should have been fired after last seasons debacle. Victory lap time.

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Robert also seemed like he would net an all-time haul last winter. Now he's on the verge of being "we'd be lucky to get out of that salary". Worried he's the next Jackie Bradley Jr.

Our try-hard prospects have come up and been throwing up 50 wRC+ seasons. No bueno!

The lack of offensive production in the minors is absolutely the biggest concern for the future. There's no way out of this futility if they can't draft and develop their own hitters. We've already seen trading for "finished" products or for highly or intelligently drafted players doesn't work if you can't do any of that yourself.

Teams also are apparently super reluctant to trade top 100 prospect level offensive talent, so you'd better be good at scouting and developing lottery tickets.

This is likely the most impactful offseason we've ever seen for scouting and player development hires. I wish it was someone more qualified than Getz running the show, but here we are. Hopefully he makes the right moves - I hope with better staff in place we see a turnaround from the hitting prospects that struggled this year.

• Like 1