Marco Paddy fired

southsider2k5

3 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

I never claimed to have the insight.  I wanted to read a conversation about the thread topic, you know, like how a message board should work. 

Instead I get to read Getz/KC Royals and "he never should have been hired" comments for the 10,000th time.  

I have it all memorized.  In about 2 more pages, we'll get all the rest of the classics... you'll talk about roster churn and panic and whitesox2023 will bring up how we missed out on Luke Keaschall.  Then there will be 10 pages between you guys and westeddy arguing over whether Getz "should have known" Robert, Eloy, and Moncada would have all been injured at the same time at the start of the season... Someone will chime in to say Kopech is pitching well for the Dodgers.  Caulfield will write a post in multiple font sizes referencing Jose Valentin, Ivan Caulderon, James Baldwin and Tyler Saladino.  

My favorite one is when half of you will argue Seby Zavala was bad and an indictment of Chris Getz' development ability but the other half will argue Getz fucked up by not bringing Seby Zavala back at minimum salary.  

Point me to the message board where only select and positive topical discussions on this topic are taking place.  Otherwise bitching about bitching is still bitching.

59 minutes ago, T R U said:

The pitching sucks. Even with Crochet, only the Rockies have given up more runs than the White Sox this season. I don't understand why everyone thinks Bannister walks on water around here.

Great point.  He has been hyped up as another pitching guru like Katz, yet the overall results aren’t there.  I assume people are giving him credit mainly for Crochet and Fedde?

5 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

I never claimed to have the insight.  I wanted to read a conversation about the thread topic, you know, like how a message board should work. 

Instead I get to read Getz/KC Royals and "he never should have been hired" comments for the 10,000th time.  

I have it all memorized.  In about 2 more pages, we'll get all the rest of the classics... you'll talk about roster churn and panic and whitesox2023 will bring up how we missed out on Luke Keaschall.  Then there will be 10 pages between you guys and westeddy arguing over whether Getz "should have known" Robert, Eloy, and Moncada would have all been injured at the same time at the start of the season... Someone will chime in to say Kopech is pitching well for the Dodgers.  Caulfield will write a post in multiple font sizes referencing Jose Valentin, Ivan Caulderon, James Baldwin and Tyler Saladino.  

My favorite one is when half of you will argue Seby Zavala was bad and an indictment of Chris Getz' development ability but the other half will argue Getz fucked up by not bringing Seby Zavala back at minimum salary.  

For what it's worth, the Seby back-and-forth between WS2023 and WestEddy is cause he was propped up as a Getz developmental win months ago, because he was bat-first coming up the system then got better at defense.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Point me to the message board where only select and positive topical discussions on this topic are taking place.  Otherwise bitching about bitching is still bitching.

Bitching²

• Haha 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

I never said anything about being positive.  I don't think anyone has.  I'm talking about keeping discussions relevant to the topic and the volume and repetition of the same s%*# we have all heard a million times.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

II agree to a point. Anyone who thinks 1 guy can drop a team ERA 1 run is nuts. But he did show Davis Martin a new change up. If he uses that to become a solid #3 or #4 starter, Bannister has earned his paycheck this year. We will see.his impact with the guys they got for Cease, and whatever they get for Crochet and Robert. But you are right. To say pitching development is anywhere near fixed at this time is nuts.

Okay, forgot about Bannister teaching Martin the kick change.

6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I actually found one, but I'm not telling anyone.

• Haha 3
  • Hawk 1

15 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

I never said anything about being positive.  I don't think anyone has.  I'm talking about keeping discussions relevant to the topic and the volume and repetition of the same s%*# we have all heard a million times.  

Still.  Point me to the discussion. 

41 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

Ivan Bubbling Calderon RIP

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

We could always send someone down to the Dominican to write a first-person report about this academy that's suddenly supposed to fix everything nearing fifteen years after Wilder...but now with a Cuban Connection reliance that has completely left the building.

And still almost zero presence in Asia.

1 hour ago, Quin said:

For what it's worth, the Seby back-and-forth between WS2023 and WestEddy is cause he was propped up as a Getz developmental win months ago, because he was bat-first coming up the system then got better at defense.

The same Seby Zavala that couldn't stick on a Mariner's roster in desperate need of a backup C? Proud feather in Getz's cap I say...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nardiwashere said:

In a completely non-snarky way.... I honestly have no idea what you are talking about.  

This message board you referred to where everyone stays exactly the right amount on topic, and also this deep topical discussion. 

23 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

The same Seby Zavala that couldn't stick on a Mariner's roster in desperate need of a backup C? Proud feather in Getz's cap I say...

The last I remember is that the Mariners have DFA’ed Seby twice this season and no other team claimed him.  Seby accepted his demotion to the Mariners’ AAA team both times.

6 hours ago, WestEddy said:

Everybody's pissed off at this team right now. I rewatched the last out of yesterday's game, so I could flip off the TeeVee and get my own rage out. It really sucks. 

People are sniping at anybody taking a "wait and see" attitude, even the FutureSox guys who have a little more insight, I think. 

Nobody is saying "fans are wrong to be mad". It's the insane misrepresentations and admin stalking that has just gotten bizarre. 

The exact quote I bolded in my previous reply said “ Seems like a lot of people in the fandom are just choosing to be miserable.”

This is what the “wait and see” crowd can’t seem to grasp from the “other side.” 

If you want to wait and see with Getz, that’s your choice and no one is asking you to stop that. But when you have a post detailing who Getz has brought in, asked when everyone “got so stupid” and paints fans that are upset with the state of the team as the ones who are in the wrong, I don’t know what the “wait and see” crowd expects to get back as a response? 

Everyone has a different capacity for what they are willing to take, or in this case, wait for. I’ve reached a point where my confidence level in anything Jerry Reinsdorf owned is at 0.0%. Others can have more faith, and that’s ok too. What I’ll always take issue with, and response accordingly to, is when the “wait and see” crowd is going to take shots at people whose patience has run out. Goes both ways 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Reminiscent of the days when WSI would ban/exile almost anyone with a negative viewpoint and quickly assign labels like "Dark Cloud" to more pessimistic posters...obviously, nobody is forced/coerced to respond in any way.

CALI might be the only one this year who really sticks out as attempting to be more positive in the face of the tsunami of criticism, but I think even he might have temporarily surrendered.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

The last I remember is that the Mariners have DFA’ed Seby twice this season and no other team claimed him.  Seby accepted his demotion to the Mariners’ AAA team both times.

Correct. He was so bad that the M's resorted to putting Garver back at C despite having barely caught over the past few years.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Reminiscent of the days when WSI would ban/exile almost anyone with a negative viewpoint and quickly assign labels like "Dark Cloud" to more pessimistic posters...obviously, nobody is forced/coerced to respond in any way.

CALI might be the only one this year who really sticks out as attempting to be more positive in the face of the tsunami of criticism, but I think even he might have temporarily surrendered.

Positive?  I thought @CaliSoxFanViaSWside basically has been saying that no one could have success, Getz or any other GM, because JR is the true problem.  While I think there are various levels of bad, and Getz has done worse than other potential candidates could have done, he does have a point with targeting JR.  Ultimately, they are all part of the same shitshow and JR is the ultimate boss over everyone, including Getz or any other GM he would have hired.  And JR definitely has a vise grip over his purse strings when the Sox are bad.

My favorite poster is @Balta1701 because he literally self-banned himself when Clevinger was re-signed, and then came back to posting once Clevinger was injured for the season.  That’s fucking devotion to your beliefs!

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Positive?  I thought @CaliSoxFanViaSWside basically has been saying that no one could have success, Getz or any other GM, because JR is the true problems.  While I think there are levels of bad, and Getz has done worse than others could, he does have a point with targeting JR.  Ultimately, they are all part of the same shitshow and JR is the ultimate boss.

My favorite poster is @Balta1701 because he literally self-banned himself when Clevinger was re-signed, and then came back to posting once Clevinger was injured for the season.  That’s fucking devotion to your beliefs!

Don't forget Southside Hit Men as well...

6 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Don't forget Southside Hit Men as well...

Oh yeah, @South Side Hit Men’s exit sucked as well.  Why did he leave exactly?  He would always post a YouTube song related to the situation / game thread.  Also a Chicago hot dog connoisseur.  Very informative and entertaining poster.

Quite honestly, following some of the posters on this site has been more interesting, informative, and exciting than watching the White Sox.  I guess that’s what happens when your team sets records…  the bad ones.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

16 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

I keep seeing Bannister held up as our savior, but if you look at the results as a whole, they aren't even that impressive.  Schultz had a big year, in super limited innings.  Getting Hagen Smith into the system should be a huge shot in the arm.  Past that?  We couldn't call up a single pitcher to the major leagues in either the bullpen or starting rotation the entire season who was ready to go.  Look at the rest of the top pitchers from last year.  Nastrini bombed.  Thorpe was up and down, and then hurt.  Taylor had a great short sample, and then another major injury.  Eder bombed.  Pallette fell of the rotation and made noise as a reliever.  Vera bombed, and was released.  Bush got a call up, but not much to show.  Don't even get me started on the relievers who were a disaster.

Young players struggling and/or having mixed results during their first big league season? That has never happened before.

And why are people so concerned about the bullpen of a team that was designed to lose 100+ games? It doesn’t matter and it doesn’t say anything positive or negative about the future of the team. 

Edited by Boopa1219

11 minutes ago, Boopa1219 said:

Young players struggling and/or having mixed results during their first big league season? That has never happened before.

And why are people so concerned about the bullpen of a team that was designed to lose 100+ games? It doesn’t matter and it doesn’t say anything positive or negative about the future of the team. 

No bullpen pitcher had a breakthrough except Leasure (for part of the first half.)  The breakthrough were all players with new organizations.

No rookie/2nd year player has distinguished themselves to the point of being a guaranteed starter for 2025.

Not Baldwin Ramos Vargas Fletcher DeLoach Julks Colas Sosa etc.

Maybe maybe maybe Korey Lee will get 50-60% of at bats at catcher again as the default holdover.