Ramos being recalled, Brooks to IL

southsider2k5

• southsider2k5 changed the title to Ramos being recalled, Brooks to IL
1 minute ago, Lip Man 1 said:

So they played short handed yet again while insisting that Baldwin might be available on this road trip.

Seriously how inept is this medical, training and conditioning staffs?

It's funny that everyone seems to have "they played shorthanded" and "why bring a guy up for a day" macros on their keyboard. The wrist didn't respond to treatment. Big deal. 

3 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

So they played short handed yet again while insisting that Baldwin might be available on this road trip.

Seriously how inept is this medical, training and conditioning staffs?

ThIS iS nOrMaL YoU jUsT dOnT get It

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

It's funny that everyone seems to have "they played shorthanded" and "why bring a guy up for a day" macros on their keyboard. The wrist didn't respond to treatment. Big deal. 

Is it that we're just noticing the moronic things that this org is doing more, or is that they're doing more of said moronic thing?

The IL is 10 days. Wasn't he sitting out for over a week? IL him after a couple of days, and let his wrist figure out if it's gonna respond to treatment while on the IL.

Not that any of this matters this year anyways.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, JoeC said:

Is it that we're just noticing the moronic things that this org is doing more, or is that they're doing more of said moronic thing?

The IL is 10 days. Wasn't he sitting out for over a week? IL him after a couple of days, and let his wrist figure out if it's gonna respond to treatment while on the IL.

Not that any of this matters this year anyways.

Moronic? Seeing as they didn't have another shortstop on the 40-man, and Lopez was on waivers, maybe they didn't want to have to roster Remillard or Difo. It's a 31-109 team. How bad could they be, playing a guy short on expanded rosters?

14 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Moronic? Seeing as they didn't have another shortstop on the 40-man, and Lopez was on waivers, maybe they didn't want to have to roster Remillard or Difo. It's a 31-109 team. How bad could they be, playing a guy short on expanded rosters?

That bold part really does make this exchange asinine.

That said, guys like Sosa could have filled in at SS in the meantime, no? It's just mind boggling that they keep doing this same "play short for basically the entire duration of an IL stint" thing, especially when they're calling guys up for 1 game at a time.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, JoeC said:

That said, guys like Sosa could have filled in at SS in the meantime, no? It's just mind boggling that they keep doing this same "play short for basically the entire duration of an IL stint" thing, especially when they're calling guys up for 1 game at a time.

But the Excuse-O-Matic has spoken.

• Haha 4

26 minutes ago, JoeC said:

Again. Pick a lane. Are you mad because they bring up a guy for a game to have 26 guys, or mad because they wait a couple of days to see if a player will heal quickly?

It's not asinine. Asinine is pages and pages of people whining about every single roster transaction. Baldwin's a guy OPSing 560. The guy they bring up will hit a whopping 1-21, and everyone will scream that Getz should be fired for making a roster move, and not developing a guy they just picked up off the waiver wire. Nobody even tries to make sense, anymore. 

I can't quote because ads are blocking the quote button @WestEddy, but I am annoyed that they waited basically an entire IL stint to "see if he heals," then play him because he's their only option after an in-game injury, then IL him anyways.

It's not like they "waited a couple of days" here. And this is a pattern with this team for years.

Whichever lane that puts me into in your mind, that's the lane I'm in, I guess.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, WestEddy said:

Maybe if it only happened a few times.  But how many times have we seen the Sox do this?  They have been doing this for the past few seasons.  There’s a reason posters openly call it out and joke about it.  Because they remember the last several times the Sox have done the very same thing.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Maybe if it only happened a few times.  But how many times have we seen the Sox do this?  They have been doing this for the past few seasons.  There’s a reason posters openly call it out and joke about it.  Because they remember the last several times the Sox have done the very same thing.

We saw it a lot in their “competitive” window. But they also had 0 depth. Still don’t obviously.

7 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

“Jake Peavy made the comment one time, ‘They have no reservations about playing shorthanded.”

I assume Peavy was referring to his own experiences while a player for the Sox?  If that’s true, the Sox have been doing this since at least the 2013 season (Peavy’s last season with the Sox).

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

How many times has it happened this year? A few? I seem to remember people going nuts over Colas or Ramos being on the roster for a day longer and more vociferously than sitting somebody for a week before they put him on the IL. Hahn/KW did it much more. 

1 hour ago, JoeC said:

I can't quote because ads are blocking the quote button @WestEddy, but I am annoyed that they waited basically an entire IL stint to "see if he heals," then play him because he's their only option after an in-game injury, then IL him anyways.

It's not like they "waited a couple of days" here. And this is a pattern with this team for years.

Whichever lane that puts me into in your mind, that's the lane I'm in, I guess.

The team sucks. Everything they do pisses us all off, and justifiably so. I just think calling it "moronic" is strong. This feels like the 2nd or 3rd time this year they've done that. Sitting a guy for a few games to see what he does. This one went longer. They had the extra guy, anyway. 

8 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I assume Peavy was referring to his own experiences while a player for the Sox?  If that’s true, the Sox have been doing this since at least the 2013 season (Peavy’s last season with the Sox).

“The White Sox playing shorthanded started in 2007 when Jermaine Dye got hurt and Kenny Williams refused to call up Brian Anderson or Ryan Sweeney. Maybe they were cheap, maybe they wanted to protect Herm’s record of keeping guys off the DL.” (Author’s Note: Herm Schneider was the Sox longtime head trainer and for years the Sox were among the league leaders in keeping players healthy.) 

This is what a source told me on this tendency for my November 2022 story. 

This is comically bad.  Multiple people predicted that Baldwin would be IL’d because a wrist injury absolutely can linger for a professional baseball player but instead they played short handed for SEVEN consecutive games.  Jerry is either too cheap to pay an extra $4500 gameday check for a callup or the MiLB system is so shallow that they don’t have a player available to call up for the infield.  It’s hilarious that the problem is compounded by the fact that they brought up Ramos for a SINGLE day because Amaya wasn’t in town so had to wait 10 days before recalling him.  This isn’t even about an inability to assess talent, player development, or execution on the field.  This is just gross incompetence with roster management.  You don’t even need to be a baseball person to know how to manage the 26 & 40 man rosters.  It’s really not hard.  It reminds me of when Jerry Angelo forgot to check the box with the Ravens trade.  You have to be horrible at your job to be this bad.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rusty said:

If anyone needs a gift idea for @WestEddy, this $40 bucket carries water like no other.

https://www.amazon.com/YETI-26010000012-Loadout-Bucket-Charcoal/dp/B074QSF5B6

I carry water for logic. Seriously, you wrote way too much about the White Sox not replacing a .550 OPS hitter with another .550 OPS hitter from AAA for 7 games. Did you know that The Taliban just outlawed the sound of women's voices in public in Afghanistan? There's something to get pissed about. Not flying another shitty infielder to Chicago to help carry the equipment back into the clubhouse after another loss? Not so much. 

3 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

I carry water for logic. 

People who think this of themselves are almost always wrong.  And you told us this team would have 45 wins by the end of July so we got to eliminate that carrying water for logic point real quick.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3