9/8 Games

BamaDoc

I would be very curious to see Eder in a bullpen role. Last few starts he's been 90-92 on the fastball. I've seen him hit 97 on the gun in B-ham, he probably would see his stuff play up quite a bit if he knew he only needs to bring 5-10 max effort fastballs a night and take a seat.

5 hours ago, Timmy U said:

I think there's still potential value as a reliever, but yeah, not a great trade.

They need to just give up on him his a starter. Stick him in the big league pen next year and see if he survives. If not just move on. He’s about to be 26, pretty much in “lost cause” territory.

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Colson finishing strong is nice to see. Would be curious to see if his health his back and/or he is adjusting to the fastball.

Yeah I wonder if we can get some data on his performance vs velocity in the last couple weeks. I'm very encouraged by his play as of late. 

30 minutes ago, mac9001 said:

I would be very curious to see Eder in a bullpen role. Last few starts he's been 90-92 on the fastball. I've seen him hit 97 on the gun in B-ham, he probably would see his stuff play up quite a bit if he knew he only needs to bring 5-10 max effort fastballs a night and take a seat.

He's also just doubled his IP from 23, after not throwing at all in 22, and only 71 IP in 21.  Looks like he never threw more than 39 IP in college either.

• Like 1